Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Really Enjoyed the Ride
By george wilds

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

MBZ has costly repairs once out of warranty. Find a reliable mechanic comfortable with the brand. A pleasure to own, however.

My Mercedes nightmare!!
By Frank

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I'm the second owner of this amazing e550, let me say it's a head turner.
However after months after buying the car I started to notice a "malfunction" light indicating a car with a lift symbol. Never thought much seeing how it came on and went away. After a few weeks it started to come on daily. I then noticed the car dropped about an inch!! The airmatic was broken!! The rear was on the ground! I brought it to Mercedes they told me over 3800.00 to repair the rear airbags and compressor!!! What a joke. Who builds a car on air suspension?!?!? It will always fail. Mercedes needs to recall this! Beware buyers. After 40k you will have to replace this! Go buy a c class you'll be better off.....

Best vehicle in class
By Dennis Livingston

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Our 2007 Mercedes E350 is the first Mercedes we've purchased. We bought it with 4k miles on it in 20007. It has been a pleasure to own and drive. We have had it serviced by our Mercedes dealer, Walters, Riverside, Ca. At this time we have 88K on it without a problem. This after the front end was hit while the vehicle was parked, by an 18 yr learning to drive. The front brakes have yet to need changing! The rears brakes have been changed twice. Our daughter recently needed to replace her Honda Civic and as fate would have it, her area Mercedes dealer has a 2009 E350 with 70k miles that we didn't hesitate to recommend she buy! She is driving it with joy and confidence. She will also have it serviced by Mercedes only. My wife and I will purchase an S class and keep the E350 as a second car. The safety, quality, reliability and performance are hard to beat.

Leaky bucket
By R.Scott

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Repair costs are high. the turbocharger went out before 75K and at a cost of 5,000 to replace. At the time there were no rebuild kits available. Had to replace the oil cooler from leaking, the manifolds seem to clog early. The after market warranty policies are not worth the paper, but that is another story.

This should not happen to Mercedes
By om424la

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

2007 E320 Bluetec V6 Diesel, Nothing major but bunch of small stuff that disables car for days. Cracked inter-cooler hoses, failed Mass Air Flow sensors, Failed EGR valve, Clogged DPF filter, scary one was when fuel filter clamp failed, sprayed fuel on hot turbocharger and ignited, my lucky day I was standing in traffic so I was able to see cloud of the smoke coming under the hood and can of soda put the fire out (I should let it burn). All this under 74K miles. This is my 8th Mercedes and seams that newer the car more problems with it.

Diesel engine and 7 speed transmission will get 27-30 MPG at 80mph

E class shrink over the years W124 was huge comparing to this W211, my son C300 has more space on the front seat then me. I am big guy so I have to push my seat all the way back then getting in and out door post is right on the way. this was not the case with any other ones I owned.