Worth the wait
By IN2DWWW on
2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
There is an obvious increase in power. The seven- speed transmission is silky smooth. The engine/ transmission can amazingly propel the car from a standstill in jet-like fasion. When accellerating, the car keeps moving forward without any hint of giving up, similar to taking off in a DC-10 or 727, the car shifts to where it never lets go of the forward momentum. Sometimes I could swear that the E350 is a V8, but when I seldom go to the gas station, I'm glad it's a V6. There's nothing extra special on the car that the E320 didn't have, beyond the addition of dynamic seats to the premium package. After looking at the Lexus GS, Jag S-type, & Audi A6, I have 0 second thoughts.
Favorite Features
Dynamic Seats are great - the lower back "pulse" feature really works the stress out after a long day at work. The ladies love how the seat "hugs" them in sharp turns and the canyon roads. I can't wait for the iPod kit to arrive, 880 songs (so far) at my fingertips! New cupholder rocks!
Suggested Improvements
I would have purchased the satellite radio option had it not been necessary for the antenna to be mounted on top - and dead center - of the trunk lid. Gross! And for god sakes, how can you not have a DVD video to show me every possible feature on the car? I spent 3 days programming stuff.