2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Tough choice

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

Tough choice
By Brad on

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Coming off a 2002 BMW530i, looking at BMW 530ix, Audi A6, and MB 3504M. Tough call. But the BMW was pricey and had awful interior controls, even after I got used to the exterior. The Audi was loaded with features and good looking but a mushy drive. I hesitated for months, finally settling on the MB. Drove it in a big snow yesterday. I have to say I would get another in a heartbeat. Classic look, great interior, wonderful drive. The drive is not as crisp as my BMW, but close. I enjoy the slightly more luxury feel more than I anticipated. Hey BMW, it has cup holders! If you are debating these three, go MB...

Interior is well designed. Lots of power. AWD is fantastic. No I-Drive. In black with tan interior, she is a head turner. You have to get xenon's that turn with the steering.

Stone interior is just to light, dirty the first week. Fabric trim along door sills? What were they thinking? Um, that's it.