2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Nice Car

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

Nice Car
By Buck on

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Just returned from a 2,000 trip, I'm a bit disappointed with the fuel mileage. Even when using every trick to coax better mileage from the car, the best I saw on the highway was 34 mpg, it was usually less than that. The fit and finish of the vehicle are excellent. I'm not a big fan of the HVAC controls, the dials adjust the temp in 2 degree increments, sometimes it's hard to get just the right temp. I've seen reviews that indicate it's too easy to confuse the turn signal with the cruise control stalk, and even after 3 months with the car, I still occasionally mix them up. The car is an excellent long-range cruiser, very comfortable.

Favorite Features

I like the long range between fuel stops, even though I seem to have a car that isn't getting quite the mileage other reviewers have written. The car is comfortable on long trips, the front seats are very good.

Suggested Improvements

Do something different with the turn signal and cruise control stalks, it's too easy to get them mixed up. Change the A/C temp control to allow 1 degree increments versus 2 degrees.