My second new turbo diesel
By Ron T on
2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
My previous E-300 (99) was driven 87000 relatively perfect except for a ew electrical glitches and bad window carriage interior hardware. This CDI model gets better fuel mileage, is quieter and is more comfortable. All over I'd rate it a 9.8. I wish it had 4- matic, but I was told that it was not available in the CDI model. The worse single feature is the radio/cd which can't hold a candle to the system in my 1999 model. Kardon vs Bose...
Favorite Features
I really love this car. I'm retired and not wealthy, but I appreciate great cars and for my budget, this is the one. I like the electronic readouts in the speedometer. I am not really crazy not having dip sticks in the oil and tranmisssion housings. I love the overall handling of this car.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the tape deck system, its too prone to mishaps. Update the data in the GPS (doesn't show several areas I passeed through drving RI to FL). Add 4-matic to the CDI at a reasonable price. Keep the costs of repairs in line, especially when a car diagnoses itself and most repairs are plug in.