Mercedes Diesel is Great
By Bob on
2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
I bought this CPO car sight unseen from a dealer about 800 miles from home. I flew there, picked up the car, and drove it home. The car was virtually flawless. I was a little worried when the CEL came on the second day, but the selling dealer said not to worry...get it checked when I got home. I did...and it turned out to be a bad glow plug. My local dealer replaced all six plugs per a TSB. I have owned several Mercedes diesels in the past but this one blows the others out of the water. It has very strong acceleration! How great is that in a diesel (remember the ones from the 80s?)! I got slightly better than 40 mpg on my drive home and in combination city/freeway get 30+. Great car
Favorite Features
Powerful engine, terrific fuel mileage, especially considering the size and comfort. Love that they've kept some traditional Mercedes touches, like the multi-function turn signal stalk, cruise control stalk, standing lights. Sirius radio is great and the nav system is better than portable Garmin.
Suggested Improvements
Don't like the bar graph fuel and temp gauges. Prefer dials. Bring back the oil pressure gauge...and for crying out loud give us a dipstick. Glad there are no run flat tires on this car at least.