2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Love it

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E350 4MATIC Sedan (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Love it
By Rob on

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Mercedes Benz car and by far the one I like most. I bought it for my wife as she wanted to downsize out of a Land Rover which was the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned (bought out of a lease 15 months ahead). The Mercedes has plenty of room for my three children and the best safety rating for a family sedan. We live in he north east so we opted for the 4- Matic AWD system. The overall look and feel of the car are fantastic. Plenty of power and a terrific ride quality and handling make it a pleasure to drive. The gas mileage is actually quite good for a large car with 270HP but and it is an enormous upgrade over the 9 MPG city we got in the truck.

The seats slide back when removing the key, upon entering the return to the proper position. Power rear vent shade, my kids love it. Center console for cups is great.

I did not get satellite radio because of the antenna mounting. I am not in love with the controls for the radio.