Great car
By eebenz on
2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
So far zero problems with this car. I bought it transferred from Houston to Phoenix with 45k mi, and have 60k mi now. Everything is perfect. Fuel mileage summer 24/36 winter 29/38 city/highway. My typical city driving is 6 mile each way with 15 lights. hwy hilly and 75 to 80mph. Note ac use is the mpg killer in Phoenix.
Favorite Features
Comfy, fairly fast, efficient, 16 inch wheels, and luxurious. I have done the brakes and oil. These items are normally easy to do, but this car is not a normal car. Everything is extremely over engineered, which makes it quieter and time consuming to just do an oil change. Note it was not difficult but about 20 screws hold three covers to change the oil. I may do the top recovery method next time. The brakes had extra steps too, 2 sensors that tell when the brakes are ready to be changed. They need a little more attention to detail than a chevy. Parts cost was surprisingly cheaper than my old jeep and my wife's honda. OEM online is what I did and they matched the stampings on the original.
Suggested Improvements
No bluetooth, I added this with an aftermarket to the aux port, but not what it should be. Reading about the factory bluetooth, I wouldn't buy that either. Fold down rear seat is an option and not on mine. Mirrors do not fold in, they are on a spring. Power folding mirrors is an option, but either way I'm not a fan. Most of my friends don't like doing their own maintaining. If you plan to take it to the dealer, be prepared for large bills. This is the reason I would not recommend to a friend.