Best MB Diesel that I have owned
By Deezil Jim on
2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
This car has performed exceptionally well since I purchased it from dealer. It had approx 28k at purchase. I purchased the MB extended warranty out to 5 year/100k to cover major component replacements. Best mileage was trip from El Paso,TX to destination near Fort Worth,TX (609 miles)this year, using air, with cruise control set at 70 MPH. With a few stops along the Interstate, I averaged 42.5 mpg to destination.Onboard computer at arrival said I could go another 280+ miles till refuel.(E-320 CDI has 21.0 gallontank. On board computer says that I have overall average of 33.5 mpg since purchase of car-mostly city driving mixed with some x-country trips. E- 320CDI, BEST of 4 diesel cars I owned!
Favorite Features
Large fuel tank (21gallon). Tremendous instant torque, will burn rubber on start. Never had a diesel car that could do that before. Comfortable bucket seats. Great A/C in the hot Texas summers. Heated seats are quick when selected. Good braking system. Selectable Rear Seat sun screen in back window.
Suggested Improvements
Better Nav System needed. My Garmin 580 is much better overall. Add Iphone connections. I have after market IPhone system installed in the car's great sound system and works great for hands free dialing and answering using voice reccy. 17 inch wheels would be nice if good ride could be maintained.