2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Best Car for the Buck

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E350 Sedan (3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic)

Best Car for the Buck
By Drew on

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This being my first MB I will focus on my reaction to car now that I have owned it for a month. All I can say is wow. What a nicely built, very solid, comfortable and fun to drive car. I test drove, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Infiniti, Acura and some of the lesser import brands but the E350 is bar far the best mix off all. The stunner is when you push your foot down on the gas and the car hauls to 60 in less that 6.5 secs. Even better is when you hit a corner and there is 0 wheel squeal. Return the car to center at a cruising speed of 70 MPH and its sublime. Simply put, this car fits my image. A bit reserved, but push it and the wild side comes out, but returns to civility just as quickly.

MB symbol sticking up on the hood, seat controls on the door, lay out of the controls, one button to open all windows and sun roof at once, smooth 7 speed trans, the shear acceleration of such a big car, the confidence that you can get out of any tricky situation and do it with ease.

Don't like the fact that I have to wait to change my oil for so long. It's kind of freaky that you don't have to do it every 3K mi.