2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Bad transmission for 2006 4mat

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E350 4MATIC Sedan (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Bad transmission for 2006 4matic
By eastsidejl on

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 06 is currently under MB Manufactures warrantee and I have been fighting with MB to replace my faulty transmission. At 28 mph, it skips. MB tells me there is nothing wrong and this is normal performance!!!! I am filing complaints with every agency. I paid an extra $2k for my extended warrantee when I bought my certified used MB and MB will not fix this!!!! I would NEVER buy this car!!!!!

Replace faulty transmission!!!!
By 54fairlane
on 10/13/12 11:29 AM (PDT)

Mercedes tells everyone they have never heard of the problem. Next time you hear that, ask them who published over 50 service bulletins about the 7-speed transmission problems with Mercedes-Benz name on them? Ask them to put it in writing on a Repair Order. "Nothing is wrong, it operates normal, and is safe to drive." They won't do it. There is your answer!

By brbhan
on 10/20/15 09:22 AM (PDT)

Answer to eastsidejl: Defective electronic control board inside transmission. You Tube has a detailed demo on the replacement proc. I had the3 dealer do it for me. Cost, incl. labor at 20115 rates ccan range $800 to $1,500,m depending on day of the week :) No issues aafter R&R!