2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: A Religious Experience

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

A Religious Experience
By Kyle on

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 07 Mustang for this because it was an amazing steal. One word describes this car: heavenly. I can't stop staring at it; 10 years down the road it will be just as elegant and refined as it is today. The ride is amazingly smooth, you can hit potholes at 40mph and hear them but not feel them. The sound system is impeccable and the controls easy to use if a bit distant from your hand. The V8 is the most finely tuned I've ever seen-easy to control yet quick to please. AWD is amazing yet does not sacrifice handling as so many others do. Gas mileage is awful but is to be expected and no worse than any SUV. The controls are in the oddest places and are sometimes hard to fathom.

Harmon/Kardon stereo. AWD. V8. Serene driving experience and environment. Terrific brakes. Value for money. Style!

Who puts the cruise control high on the steering wheel when in every other car the turning signal is normally there? Air suspension is annoying after starting off. Controls are alien compared to any other car on the road.