A great car so far in the first 1000 mi.
By jcl on
2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
This is very comfortable car. Lot of amenities and it feels very safe. The H-K sound system is outstanding. I have had it not long enough to make a judgement on its reliability yet, but so far it has been a great car. I took my friends out and none could tell it is powered by a diesel engine. The acceleration is exceptional and the handling are quite sporty. It is also a very quite highway cruiser (reving at 200 rpm at 70mph) and has plenty of power for passing.
Favorite Features
The diesel engine. The safety features that makes the passengers/driver feel very safe and secure. The nice interior finish - the wood trimmed steering wheel is a very nice touch. The efficiency of the front and rear defrost. The very comfortable and quiet ride. Room on the back seats.
Suggested Improvements
Behaviour on snow could be better. Where's the 4-matic for cdi??. The fabric on lower portion of the doors and around the frame gets dirty far too easily. I am not too sure about the cruise control (can get confused with the turn signal too easily. Confusing command control