2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Love it
By Rob on 08/16/05 14:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Mercedes Benz car and by far the one I like most. I bought it for my wife as she wanted to downsize out of a Land Rover which was the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned (bought out of a lease 15 months ahead). The Mercedes has plenty of room for my three children and the best safety rating for a family sedan. We live in he north east so we opted for the 4- Matic AWD system. The overall look and feel of the car are fantastic. Plenty of power and a terrific ride quality and handling make it a pleasure to drive. The gas mileage is actually quite good for a large car with 270HP but and it is an enormous upgrade over the 9 MPG city we got in the truck.

A fine luxury sedan like it should be
By Bill Staudt on 08/07/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Exterior Finish: Outstanding Performance: Excellent passing ability and on road performance is supberb. Interior: I especillay like the ultra quietness of the cabin and the comfort of the seats, a bit tight in the rear but the sculpted seats help my 6 foot 3 son find a comfortable space, quality workmanship and fine design (instruments and gadgets take a bit of practice) Engine: Ultra quiet and powerful, those few extra horses make the difference For the price, you have outstanding quality, power, performance, convenience, key safety features, security, electronic gadgetry that really works! A real driving/passenger pleaseing vehicle. An absolute winner and head turner. Thanks, MB

Happy!
By happy on 07/07/05 05:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The greatest car on earth, really. I don't work for Mercedes-Benz, I am just a really pleased and happy owner. Have not had one problem even though I thought I would have many, but I was suprised. Some friends have an E- class, and they haven't had any problems too!

Fun to drive
By Phil Fox on 06/12/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We took European delivery of our E350. We drove 2100 miles without a hitch. Best car I ever purchased. Car drives like a dream at 100mph plus, yet can be driven gently around town and will please you equally. Ergonomic controls are great. Dynamic seats are worth every penny! With 268 hp engine up from last year, why buy the E500?

Love my Mercedes
By Mercedes E350 4matic on 06/02/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Mercedes I have owned over the past 5 years. I switched to Acura for a while. The new E350 class is spectacular with the higher horse power (268) over the old 320. I had a S class and was disappointed that they hadn't changed in the last 5 years and went for the new E this time. It is loaded with lots of toys and i highly recommend the integrated SIRIUS satellite radio. Perhaps the best features of this car have to do with how others look at you while you are driving it. I got a special paint, Bordeux Red and it is very sharp and an eye turner. Overall I am very happy with the car and enjoy driving it alot.

Happy New Owner
By Bode on 05/29/05 22:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently purchased. Car was built in Stuttgart (Sindelfingen) in April '05. The new M272 engine (3.5 ltr V6) is a dream. Together with the 7 speed auto gearbox it has power to spare at any speed. Fuel economy is also good, I guess the 7 speed auto gearbox is one of the mean reasons (at 70 mph only 2100 rpm...) It also has the appearance package with airmatic DC suspension. On the roads around Houston with a lot of uneven road surfaces it just swollows it with ease, while giving excellent cornering capability due to the dynamic control. Really do not need to buy the E500, this car has it all, a dream to drive. This car was built by engineers who succeeded in building one of the finest cars around.

Mercedes E 350
By Jim Ford on 05/18/05 23:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The car is a joy to drive with great performance but has proven to be a little touchy with some smaller issues. We have had problems with seat belt sensors going off even when the belt is fastened. The check oil level light comes on (twice in spite of service) when the oil is fine. The air conditioning is very noisy and the dealer says that is the way it is. Engine performance and fuel economy is terrrific. At times the transmission does not shift smoothly.

Worth the wait
By IN2DWWW on 05/06/05 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

There is an obvious increase in power. The seven- speed transmission is silky smooth. The engine/ transmission can amazingly propel the car from a standstill in jet-like fasion. When accellerating, the car keeps moving forward without any hint of giving up, similar to taking off in a DC-10 or 727, the car shifts to where it never lets go of the forward momentum. Sometimes I could swear that the E350 is a V8, but when I seldom go to the gas station, I'm glad it's a V6. There's nothing extra special on the car that the E320 didn't have, beyond the addition of dynamic seats to the premium package. After looking at the Lexus GS, Jag S-type, & Audi A6, I have 0 second thoughts.

E320 vs E350
By John on 04/25/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded my 2000 E320 i for a 2004 E320 about 14 months ago. Loved all the new styling, etc. About 3 weeks ago I was rear ended at about 60 MPH. Walked away with just minor injuries. Picked up my new E350 last week and WOW! The new engine and 7 speed transmision completly changed the character of the car. Now you get all the comfort and safety along with a engine that does the rest of the car justice. Who would think 51HP would make such a difference and the extra lower 1st gear makes it snap right off the line. If you are a E-Class junkie like me or thinking of a new luxury sedan, you owe it to yourself to look the the E-350!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.