Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Schaller's E350 Review
By Hubert Schaller

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this vehicle, having owned a 2003 BMW 530i which I loved. My wife loved the MB even more so I purchased it for her. I've come to like the MB even more than the BMW primarily because it feels more refined. Even the passenger compartment, although not much larger than the BMW, feels significantly larger. I still think the BMW handles better but the MB is no slouch. I do wish MB had the same no cost (for 4 years) maintenance package the BMW came with. In closing, I would buy the vehicle again!

Favorite Features

The navigation system. I never thought I would use it but have done so all the time on our current 5000 mile vacation. Inga (that's what I call her) has gotten us out of some tough detour/no sign ridden locations with no problem, It's also easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Same free maintenance package as BMW. I know my oil change/oil filter bill will be at or exceed $100.00

Tomm's E-Class
By Tomm Wells

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 4th Mercedes and the best so far. The increased horsepower is terrific. The 7-Speed Auto Trans allows me to get the same mileage as I did with my 2003 E300. People love riding in my car and always comment on the smooth ride.

Favorite Features

The integrated phone and hands free calling is the main reason I wanted another Mercedes. I feel safe driving this car.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest seats that can be adjusted to softer. A rear window that can electrically tint darker.

Love to drive my Mercedes
By beth

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove my E350 960 miles one way. I got 30.9 miles per gallon. It gave me the pickup I needed to pass at 60 or 70 miles per hour. This car is great. I love it and wouldn't want another car.

Favorite Features

Color, handling, gas mileage, pickup

Suggested Improvements

Need a little more movement in the seat to go up or down, not just forward or backward.

First Mercedes after a BMW 3-series
By stormybmw

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes E350 wasn't my first choice for a midsize car. After driving a BMW 3-series for 6 yrs, my obvious choice was a 5-series. The 5-series design is ugly and I-drive is terrible, car was more nimble and fun to drive than an E350. Definitely a beautiful car that turns people's heads.

Favorite Features

Beautiful, moodlights at night, fast acceleration, MB star on hood :)

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission, better fuel economy, more standard features (blutooth, touch screen navi, bigger navi screen, better navi, xenon headlights, full leather seats, valet trunk locks, puddle lights (as in the 2003-2005 e class) better radio, memory seats 1 touch, digital dual zone climate control

"KLASS E"
By embeth

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second Mercedes. Our other one is a 2006 CLS55 AMG. I bought this E500 this May with the Sports Package as well as the Apperance Package. I love the Sports package with the dual exhaust, sports suspension, and high performance tires. I live in a wealthy town, and I see Mercedes all the time. I wanted mine to be & look different and it does. I am yet to see another E500 with the Sports Package. From my understanding, not alot were made for the 2006 model.

Favorite Features

Dual exhaust, high performance tires, sports suspension, that the car can raise & lower, the look, but most of all driving it!

Suggested Improvements

There are definitely blind spots...yikes!