2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Nav system is an antique
By Bill on 08/14/06 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The E320 CDI is very fuel efficient and fun to drive, but the transmission has occassional problems. Slipping during takeoff which my dealer says is normal. Styling is rather bland. Seats could stand to be a little more comfortable. The lumbar support should be power and easier to reach. My biggest complaint is the antique nav system. Somebody must have bought these on a $59 closeout. Charging $2900 for this system should be a felony. It's an unbelievably antiquated system with few features, no touch screen, and no voice command. Also there's no bluetooth unless you buy their phone. I own a 2007 Toyota Camry that blows this car away with superior luxury features. Sorry MB, you need to catch up

The Best Car I Ever Bought
By calvin lahham on 08/09/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

No BMW will compare to this machine. Great performance, good looks, and not many people drive it. So it's very special.

The Best
By carol on 08/05/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned Mercedes in the past, I just love this vehicle and its looks, performance, and having the 4 matic gives me more peace of mind for safety when driving in the tortential rains in Florida. This is a must have vehicle and price was well worth it.

Schaller's E350 Review
By Hubert Schaller on 08/02/06 12:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this vehicle, having owned a 2003 BMW 530i which I loved. My wife loved the MB even more so I purchased it for her. I've come to like the MB even more than the BMW primarily because it feels more refined. Even the passenger compartment, although not much larger than the BMW, feels significantly larger. I still think the BMW handles better but the MB is no slouch. I do wish MB had the same no cost (for 4 years) maintenance package the BMW came with. In closing, I would buy the vehicle again!

Tomm's E-Class
By Tomm Wells on 07/30/06 22:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 4th Mercedes and the best so far. The increased horsepower is terrific. The 7-Speed Auto Trans allows me to get the same mileage as I did with my 2003 E300. People love riding in my car and always comment on the smooth ride.

Love to drive my Mercedes
By beth on 07/27/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove my E350 960 miles one way. I got 30.9 miles per gallon. It gave me the pickup I needed to pass at 60 or 70 miles per hour. This car is great. I love it and wouldn't want another car.

Don't Leave Home Without It!
By Doc on 07/16/06 19:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

There's a flaw in the stats: mine gets MORE gas mileage: 45 mph. The car rides like a dream but maneuvers like a sports car. Quiet and powerful. I formerly owner a Mercedes diesel 70's model and the problems were: slower than a gas engine, smelly and noisy. Not now: the Turbo Diesel is super fast, doesn't smell, and is quiet as a church mouse. Listen to your doctor: Buy this car! Miami to Atlanta on 1 tank!

Frustrated long time MB owner!
By Frank Wendt on 07/11/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Three major problems resulting in overnite service: Emergency brake release came completely out of dashboard; could not move vehicle. Harness for seatbags defective and had to be replaced. Starter key went "dead" after 17,000 mi. Could not reset clock for daylight time, nor could three dealer service personnel! Confusing option "sets" on steering wheel. etc etc

First Mercedes after a BMW 3-series
By stormybmw on 07/08/06 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes E350 wasn't my first choice for a midsize car. After driving a BMW 3-series for 6 yrs, my obvious choice was a 5-series. The 5-series design is ugly and I-drive is terrible, car was more nimble and fun to drive than an E350. Definitely a beautiful car that turns people's heads.

"KLASS E"
By embeth on 06/22/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second Mercedes. Our other one is a 2006 CLS55 AMG. I bought this E500 this May with the Sports Package as well as the Apperance Package. I love the Sports package with the dual exhaust, sports suspension, and high performance tires. I live in a wealthy town, and I see Mercedes all the time. I wanted mine to be & look different and it does. I am yet to see another E500 with the Sports Package. From my understanding, not alot were made for the 2006 model.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.