Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Panzer
By ME

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The CDI has become r fave car vs 300 hp CLK V8 coupe and ML SUV Roomy, comfortable almost 2 ton panzer should be safer in collision as mass & room inside to decelerate vitals before contacting int. surfaces. Get heated seats - great for sore back & xenons really lite your way. Trip computer reads 32.0 mpg 4 the last 16457 miles! I never reset it, but they do reset at the various required MB services (battery disconnected?) Torque is incredible, this is a 5 sp auto with inline 6 turbo, a bit of lag, but u get used to it. If you are looking for a diesel for your own homemade biofuel, get inline 6 as unlike the new V6 diesel (2007 and up) the MB mech says inline can run on it with mods. Has been very reliable

Favorite Features

Fold down rear seat option turns huge trunk to cavern, diesel pwr vs mpg, added black trunk spoiler to contrast with silver color and tie into black glass panoramic roof, got rid of hood gunsite for flat MB coupe emblem, and changed out chrome front grille for less grandpa look.

Suggested Improvements

Center armrest uncomfortable, speed control stalk easily confused with turn signal/flash to pass stalk, sunshades need pullout extension for side window use, twin cupholder in center console useless if use for arm rest, nav needs download capability from Teleaid for on the road updates

I love it!
By Anna Fortner

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my E 350 Benz! It's not just a car, it's an experience...every day! I look forward to the time I spend in it as it lends an escape to comfort. And when you're talking about performance...as far as I'm concerned the "E" stands for excellence!

Favorite Features

With so many great features it's hard to pinpoint my favorite. Cruise control at a tap, the heated seats, the stereo system and of course the quick response from the excelerator. Mighty fine!

Suggested Improvements

I think a reading light in the back seat would be nice. Heated seats in the year would also be an added comfort!

Good Value for Long Term Ownership
By R M LEAL

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have covered 40,000 miles averaging 35 mpg . Handling , steering, suspension, excellent. Very comfortable ride. My only negative comment, no engine oil dipstick. Body panels good fit and finish excellent both inside & out. Very silent and very quick for a diesel

Favorite Features

Handling .Ease of operation. Gauges easy to read. Very comfortable & easy to adjust seats. Also climate control, heat, and air conditioning covenient

Suggested Improvements

I am 76 years old & would love a dipstick

Dissapointed
By Dissapointed

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and last Mercedes. In less than 2 years of ownership car had many major problems. AWD had to be repaired. Power Steering repaired, intermittent wiper replacement. At 25,000 mile service (which cost $600) was told tires were wearing and would need to be replaced soon! The transmission is sluggish .. going uphill it doesn't shift properly. Fairly noisy drive. Handling is good and interior comfortable. Trunk size is also good. AWD (when working) is great on icy roads. Overall will go back to BMW.

Family Wagon that's fun to drive!
By Jennifer

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My MB E500 wagon is the first Mercedes that I have owned and I am in love with it after driving it for just over a year. I spend a lot of time driving my children around and it makes a difference to have such a comfortable interior. I live in Minnesota and my 4Matic drives great in the snow! I've had just two problems: 1.A faulty transfer case which was replaced and fully covered under the warranty and 2. Poor tire wear which was also a warranty item and the tires were replaced.

Favorite Features

The comfortable heated seats!

Suggested Improvements

More cupholders for the back seat.