2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Who Da Mn
By Paul Pelc on 10/06/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is just an all around Precision Machine. Ungodly speed and handling! The Vette or Carrera or just about anything that pulls up next to you will end up in your rearview mirror. It doesnt matter if you are starting from a stop or already going 80, hit it and it will plant your head and take off like a bullet. The first time you head up a 40mph ramp merging into the highway doing 137mph you realize how AMG is - vs standard. The only regret is that the Autoban is not a local road!

First Mercedes-Benz
By Alex on 10/02/06 12:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I'm used to the comfortable hohum driving experieces of Japanese cars. For a long time I've driven Lexus, but decided I wanted something fun to drive, comfortable, safe, and powerful. This car fit the description almost perfectly. I got the AWD model for Connecticut's uncertain winters. The car begs to be driven fast. You can fine tune your suspension from comfort to sport which ever you desire. A deterent for German cars seem to be its terrible reliability, so far nothing yet! We'll see how the rest of the year progesses. It's nice to have the only one , the car turns heads all over. The vehicle was equipped with the premium and appearance packages, electric trunk closer, wood steering wheel, and voice control.

Great Car
By tom on 09/29/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We previosly owned 4 MLs, but it was time for a change. The car is fun to drive. The car has plenty of pick up. The interior space is very generous and the ride is great

Disappointing
By Lonnie on 09/24/06 14:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I’ve always wanted a Mercedes. To me, they were the epitome of luxury cars. I'm sorry to say I have been terribly disappointed. For what I paid I expected a top of the line vehicle, but got far less than I could have gotten from a new Camry. To start with, the navigation system is very important to me, yet the E320 has no touch screen, no voice command, not even blue tooth (some Japanese economy cars have blue tooth). In fact, the processor is so slow it can’t present but a few streets at a time, and has no readable compass in the nav mode. No right arm rest for the driver if you use the cup holder. I could go on but space is limited. I wish I hadn’t given up my Camry for this car.

E350 review
By cerp on 09/10/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall very good car. But has some quality issues that I would not expect in a $50k car. Driver seat squeaks (had to take twice to dealership), screws in plate holder became loose. A/C is noisy, fan in auto mode seems stuck in position 5. Had it checked, MB said it was normal. Other than that, is it a comformtable sedan with a spacious trunk. Engine is powerful with great gas mileage. You can easily get 26 MPG in freeway driving.

What a great car
By Alex on 09/02/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I never thought I would own a Mercedes. I always felt they were and old person's car. This CDI as a lot of power. I drove from south Jersey to 20 miles from Georgia on one tank of fuel. I bet I could have made it to Georgia. I lease the car and the only way I will not buy it after the lease is if Mercedes puts that motor in its S class.

1st Mercedes
By Mel on 08/27/06 21:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was skeptical to buy a Mercedes, and felt it may be over priced, but it has been worth the money. Compared to other high end manufacturers, Mercedes drivers recieve the best overall performance and feel of a luxury car.

What a Lemon
By Lemon Car on 08/26/06 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought it 6/29. At 1000 miles, notification of airbag malfunction. Mercedes tells me not to drive it for safety. 600 miles after it got fixed, another notification of airbag malfunction. Mercedes has too many electrical problems. Never had problems with any of my Japan made cars (Lexus, Infiniti).

Love It!
By Teresa on 08/21/06 04:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I don't think I will ever own anything but a Mercedes now! It's the best! Plenty of room for my family. I cannot believe the fuel economy I am getting! The dealership filled up my tank and I drove on that first tank 723 miles. This has so much power, and looks so slick!

It Will Save Your Life!
By joe on 08/15/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Faster than a speeding bullet. Finest ride in the world. This Mercedes truly lives up to what the Europeans say: There's Mercedes and then there's the rest. It is safe, quiet. The diesel sounds sexier and quieter than a gas engine, and the turbo makes it faster. I pay 23 cents less a gallon than I do for BMW guzzling Z4 BMW. Buy this car, it will save your soul.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.