2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Transmission problems
By huitz on 03/01/06 17:26 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Love the car except for the transmission. Rough downshifting. The dealer has put in tow new transmissions (three in total) and the problem persists. This is the seven speed transmission that's throughout the Mercedes line. I'd stay away until they get it right. We're giving them back our car.

Best Car I've ever owned
By Runningman on 02/21/06 11:19 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is a pleasure to drive. Plenty of power and the the seven speed is really smooth. My wife and I fight over this car. Just pure driving enjoyment.

MB E350 sedan
By retfalvi on 02/19/06 20:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Turned back from Audi to Mercedes and I do not regret it. I was hunting for the right car for a while...I found it in this MB. It is the absolute pleaser in every possible ways. Ride, comfort, appearance are all in balance. I don't think you could go wrong with this car.

Great car but behind the times
By E350Sport on 02/01/06 23:59 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love my new E350 with the sport package. Although the exterior is great, MB falls short in the interior amenities. Horrendous Nav, No bluetooth/ipod. My Lexus blows away the Benz in the interior styling

The Chariot
By Stephen on 01/25/06 14:26 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes Benz, a car I have wanted since high school. I can honestly say it is everything I thought it would be. When you drive past people, heads turn and you get the feeling you're driving something special. My model is the E350, very similar to the E320, but I believe with a bigger engine. The luxury and comfort are something one can only experience to appreciate. My salesman told me, once you own and drive one, you will never want to own and drive any other car. He was right, (but I think I kind of already knew that.)

Poor driving feel
By jimwill on 01/10/06 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is a handsome car but the interior trim is not well thought out. The door sills are a light colored fabric that is impossible to keep clean. They should have trimmed with leather or plastic that could be wiped off. The handling on an uneven road or with a small crosswind is poor. One must continually adjust the steering wheel to keep it on the road. Doesn't compare to my 1992 LS400. It feels like a small light sedan. The DVD furnished with the navigation system is out of date and incomplete. I asked it for the nearest hospital and it directed me to one 77 miles away when there were 3 good ones less than 30 miles away, one within a mile.

great car
By Rick B on 01/09/06 23:42 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The best E class ever made. It has a look of the S class and drives great with added horse power!

Smooth and Quiet
By Terry Denisco on 01/05/06 02:05 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Smooth and quiet was my objective in a luxury car due to hearing problems and headaches caused by a fun but loud and harsh sports car. Fotrunately I found what I needed. I would ordinarily not consider a six cylinder, good power and performance with a smooth ride engine, but I tried the E350 and was very pleasantly surprised. In town economy is outstanding.

So far so good.
By Johnny5 on 12/28/05 11:22 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 2006 E350 4Matic and so far, things are going great. I love the power shade, the quality of the standard stereo system, and the integrated 6 disk changer. The 4matic seems to have a little trouble choosing gears but that may by own perception. I love the distinguished look of the car and the maturity level it portrays since I'm only 28 and use the car mostly for business.

Back on top
By Charles Lincoln on 12/27/05 17:39 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is a stellar automobile. It is just short of perfect, but then, nothing is. It has looks and power, comfort and safety. Biggest complaint: Improve the cupholders so that the driver can see and reach his readily. Keyless Go, Parkatron and GPS should be standard equipment.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.