Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

A Moderately Good Vehicle
By Andy

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Bought used with 28k miles on it. Was all excited about getting this car, but excitement has worn off. Radio sounds good, but controls are poor. Knows nothing of folders on MP3 CDs. Too many button presses to get from Radio to CD to other. Defrost is annoying: full fan speed, highest temp, turns A/C on. Have to use MB phone, no BlueTooth. Engine is very good, powerful, economical, driving range is excellent (near 700 miles). Yet to see 40mpg like people claim, and I drive conservatively. Steering is soft/spongy. No Oil Dipstick?! Leather is good. Overall a good car, but I expected more from a company that charged $50k+ for this car when new.

Favorite Features

Engine & driving range. Heated seats. Radio sound quality. Build quality seems good. Good visibility. Seats are very comfy. 13k between oil changes.

Suggested Improvements

I've seen more complicated radios with simpler ways of using them than what this car has. Control over defroster. Dip Stick!

BEST CAR EVER OWNED
By RMEN

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought it with 4k miles on it. It has been a real joy driving and owing this car. Luxurious and powerful. I get a lot of compliments from people when they see the Panoramic sun roof.

Favorite Features

Panoramic sun roof. Harman/Kardon sound system.

Suggested Improvements

It will be nice if MB will offer a turbocharged 350 engine.

Another Amazing Benz
By RI N8TIV

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

What an amazing vehicle. = Picked up in Wisconsin and drove 630 miles back to Kansas in sheer comfort and style getting 27 mpg the whole way. Seven-speed transmission is as smooth as butter and the 268-hp engine provides ample passing power. Car is Platinum Blue over Ash leather and is downright stunning. This is my fourth MB. Currently have this and an '04 C230 Kompressor. I have also owned an E320 sedan and an E320 wagon.

Favorite Features

Easy-to-use navigation, seven-speed transmission, Harmon Kardon sound system, gorgeous paint, supple leather and well-designed interior.

Suggested Improvements

None. This is an amazing machine!

Outstanding
By Al

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are delighted with our purchase. Picked up in a snow storm; drove for 5 hours in less than pleasant conditions; unually comfortable and very stable in difficult conditions. Quality of workmanship superb.

The true Mercedes-Benz
By Feszty

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought this car when it was less than 6 months old with 4000 miles on it. I have had no problems with it at all and the drive and fuel economy is excellent. My only problem is that it is a bit too conservative for me, but after all I'm coming from a V8 BMW. But you've got to love the 37MPG for the 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. The interior is so much nicer than any of it's competitor's and there is enough space for 4 adults, even for long drives. I have installed the iPod option after market and it is the best thing you can ask for. Forget CD changers!

Favorite Features

Torque, acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer suspension option for the diesel models as well. We like to drive sporty as well. Look at the BMW335d