2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Can't go wrong
By Daver on 10/16/06 22:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car has made driving fun again. Great handling, firm solid feeling, and an excellent build quality. After driving BMW and Lexus, there was no comparison to the overall driving experience. Better than advertised fuel economy. Only complaint is a some what noisy HVAC system.

First Mercedes-Benz
By Alex on 10/02/06 12:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I'm used to the comfortable hohum driving experieces of Japanese cars. For a long time I've driven Lexus, but decided I wanted something fun to drive, comfortable, safe, and powerful. This car fit the description almost perfectly. I got the AWD model for Connecticut's uncertain winters. The car begs to be driven fast. You can fine tune your suspension from comfort to sport which ever you desire. A deterent for German cars seem to be its terrible reliability, so far nothing yet! We'll see how the rest of the year progesses. It's nice to have the only one , the car turns heads all over. The vehicle was equipped with the premium and appearance packages, electric trunk closer, wood steering wheel, and voice control.

Great Car
By tom on 09/29/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We previosly owned 4 MLs, but it was time for a change. The car is fun to drive. The car has plenty of pick up. The interior space is very generous and the ride is great

E350 review
By cerp on 09/10/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall very good car. But has some quality issues that I would not expect in a $50k car. Driver seat squeaks (had to take twice to dealership), screws in plate holder became loose. A/C is noisy, fan in auto mode seems stuck in position 5. Had it checked, MB said it was normal. Other than that, is it a comformtable sedan with a spacious trunk. Engine is powerful with great gas mileage. You can easily get 26 MPG in freeway driving.

What a Lemon
By Lemon Car on 08/26/06 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought it 6/29. At 1000 miles, notification of airbag malfunction. Mercedes tells me not to drive it for safety. 600 miles after it got fixed, another notification of airbag malfunction. Mercedes has too many electrical problems. Never had problems with any of my Japan made cars (Lexus, Infiniti).

Schaller's E350 Review
By Hubert Schaller on 08/02/06 12:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this vehicle, having owned a 2003 BMW 530i which I loved. My wife loved the MB even more so I purchased it for her. I've come to like the MB even more than the BMW primarily because it feels more refined. Even the passenger compartment, although not much larger than the BMW, feels significantly larger. I still think the BMW handles better but the MB is no slouch. I do wish MB had the same no cost (for 4 years) maintenance package the BMW came with. In closing, I would buy the vehicle again!

Tomm's E-Class
By Tomm Wells on 07/30/06 22:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 4th Mercedes and the best so far. The increased horsepower is terrific. The 7-Speed Auto Trans allows me to get the same mileage as I did with my 2003 E300. People love riding in my car and always comment on the smooth ride.

Love to drive my Mercedes
By beth on 07/27/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove my E350 960 miles one way. I got 30.9 miles per gallon. It gave me the pickup I needed to pass at 60 or 70 miles per hour. This car is great. I love it and wouldn't want another car.

First Mercedes after a BMW 3-series
By stormybmw on 07/08/06 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes E350 wasn't my first choice for a midsize car. After driving a BMW 3-series for 6 yrs, my obvious choice was a 5-series. The 5-series design is ugly and I-drive is terrible, car was more nimble and fun to drive than an E350. Definitely a beautiful car that turns people's heads.

"KLASS E"
By embeth on 06/22/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second Mercedes. Our other one is a 2006 CLS55 AMG. I bought this E500 this May with the Sports Package as well as the Apperance Package. I love the Sports package with the dual exhaust, sports suspension, and high performance tires. I live in a wealthy town, and I see Mercedes all the time. I wanted mine to be & look different and it does. I am yet to see another E500 with the Sports Package. From my understanding, not alot were made for the 2006 model.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.