2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

E320 CDI 3.2L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic - (57 reviews )
Mercedes E320 CDI
By Jerry on 05/31/06 17:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Recently drove from FL to RI and averaged 36mpg. Very quiet and very powerful. Average around town and in the city is 25. I have been running bio-diesel so it is even more ecologically minded.

Great car
By John on 05/31/06 14:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Lease was up on ML500 and I wanted something with space and fuel economy. With fold down rear seat and large trunk this was the car. I have averaged right at 30mpg and it drives great. Very quiet. Much quieter than my wife's 2005 Audi A8.

Best of Both Worlds
By Dr. Geoff on 05/28/06 14:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Having your cake and eating it too! The E-Class is the perfect highway cruiser, soaks up the bumps and smooth as butter. The diesel is phenomenal with gobs of torque off the line and still plenty of passing power from 50 to 90 mph range on the highway. Just drove this baby home 300 miles and got get this 36.8 mpg for the trip about 80% hwy and 20% city driving. Mercedes has it going on - forget hybrids diesel is fuel efficient and practical and proven for over a 100 years! Wasn't impressed with Lexus (dressed up Toyota) and BMW lacks luxury and pampering I was looking for (too spartan inside and weird looking outside) Audi came closest with A6 but alas no diesel in US yet! Drive it - Sold!

The best
By xman on 05/19/06 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car is amazing and it is fast for a diesel. The E class is also nice in the interior. The gas mileage is suprising for a Mercedes Benz of any kind, let alone the E class

2006 E320 CDI
By Roy I. on 05/14/06 20:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I did a lot of research and realized that the I-6 CDI motor was one for the ages. Iron block, naturally balanced, dependable and durable. I had to purchase a "pre-owned" 2006 since I live in the great state of California. I arrived and I could not be happier. My father has owned many MB cars over the years, this CDI is as close to a perfect car as he and I can imagine. It is the perfect size, seats 5, it has outstanding acceleration and curising speed capability and I got 35 MPG over a 226 mile trip (including several acceleration runs). On that 226 mile trip I used just a smidge over 1/4 of the tank. The range left is 400 miles. I am looking forward to this car for years to come.

At last
By Tony on 05/12/06 12:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I just purchased my new CDI. I had driven older diesel Mercedes so, was familiar with the car. However, I was amazed at how quiet and powerful the new engines are. In addition to the many outstanding qualities of this car, the MPG is incredible. I have gone from 2 tanks per week (Range Rover) to 1 tank per 1 1/2 weeks. What a difference. Way to go Mercedes!

Mercedes 320 CDI
By Scott on 04/29/06 20:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I am a Mercedes enthusiast that has owned models ranging from SL, S and E classes since 1977. I have owned 4 diesels and 8 gas mosels. This is without a doubt, the finest car yet. The speed and torgue is fantastic, actually faster than the E320 gas model. Combine this with fantastic mileage (37 MPG hwy) great handling, impressive interior and exterior design, roomy interior, large trunk and lots of neat features and creature comforts and you have a 10.

My CDI
By Kevin Flanagan on 03/12/06 10:23 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have owned diesels since 1977, starting with a 240 d. I managed to get a used (9000miles) CDI from my local dealer last month, they imported it from Ohio, because they can't sell diesels in Calif. The car is great except for the electronics. After having the car for only 2 weeks, the battery warning light came on, and it had to go back to the dealer because of a faulty sensor. We have had the same trouble with our 99 E430. Apart from this the car is great. Its difficult to get the 27 mpg in the city though

My second new turbo diesel
By Ron T on 03/09/06 07:52 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

My previous E-300 (99) was driven 87000 relatively perfect except for a ew electrical glitches and bad window carriage interior hardware. This CDI model gets better fuel mileage, is quieter and is more comfortable. All over I'd rate it a 9.8. I wish it had 4- matic, but I was told that it was not available in the CDI model. The worse single feature is the radio/cd which can't hold a candle to the system in my 1999 model. Kardon vs Bose...

E320 CDI- best car owned yet
By blissful on 03/04/06 21:05 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Car is fully loaded with all but hands-free telephone option. The only minor complaint I have about interior is the headrest is too far forward and cannot be adjusted back at all (so far as I have figured out!) Ride is exceptionally smooth and the torque is awesome- when you put your foot down: Wheee!! The car is beautiful. Pano roof is good so far- extra light is nice. Rear seat could offer a bit more leg room at expense of trunk, IMHO (I am tall and have the seat all the way back). Good fuel economy so far. Keyless Go is wonderful. Love it all!! Just wish I had more places to go :>)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.