2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

E320 CDI 3.2L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic - (57 reviews )
New Mercedes diesel
By John DuPlessis on 10/23/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I just bought the new E320 Bluetek. I replaced an E55 Kompressor, so the acceleration is down of course, the milage is double and power is enough. I drove last years 320 CDI, it's straight 6 was a little less noisey, you can tell this is a diesel when idling. Overall a beautiful car.

Best Diesel
By Gary on 10/23/06 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Best diesel I've owned. 750-800 miles to a tank. Great for a salesman, but wish the wagon was available.

Performance & 40mpg. Amazing CDI E320
By Tampa MB owner on 10/09/06 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

An outstanding combination of class, performance, and economy! The E320 CDI has it all. The vehicle is a pleasure to drive. It produces massive torque at below 2000 rpm giving the sense of tremendous acceleration with almost no lag. Cruising with this vehicle at 75-80mph provides a solid feel of the road while producing almost 40mpg. The car loafs along at this speed and you can cruise for 3-4 hours at a time without tiring. The car handles well on country roads as well as interstates. While not a roadster, the car easily handles most curvey roads well. Better handling can be had if you install higher performance tires versus those the car is shipped with.

Disappointing
By Lonnie on 09/24/06 14:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Iíve always wanted a Mercedes. To me, they were the epitome of luxury cars. I'm sorry to say I have been terribly disappointed. For what I paid I expected a top of the line vehicle, but got far less than I could have gotten from a new Camry. To start with, the navigation system is very important to me, yet the E320 has no touch screen, no voice command, not even blue tooth (some Japanese economy cars have blue tooth). In fact, the processor is so slow it canít present but a few streets at a time, and has no readable compass in the nav mode. No right arm rest for the driver if you use the cup holder. I could go on but space is limited. I wish I hadnít given up my Camry for this car.

What a great car
By Alex on 09/02/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I never thought I would own a Mercedes. I always felt they were and old person's car. This CDI as a lot of power. I drove from south Jersey to 20 miles from Georgia on one tank of fuel. I bet I could have made it to Georgia. I lease the car and the only way I will not buy it after the lease is if Mercedes puts that motor in its S class.

Love It!
By Teresa on 08/21/06 04:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I don't think I will ever own anything but a Mercedes now! It's the best! Plenty of room for my family. I cannot believe the fuel economy I am getting! The dealership filled up my tank and I drove on that first tank 723 miles. This has so much power, and looks so slick!

It Will Save Your Life!
By joe on 08/15/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Faster than a speeding bullet. Finest ride in the world. This Mercedes truly lives up to what the Europeans say: There's Mercedes and then there's the rest. It is safe, quiet. The diesel sounds sexier and quieter than a gas engine, and the turbo makes it faster. I pay 23 cents less a gallon than I do for BMW guzzling Z4 BMW. Buy this car, it will save your soul.

Nav system is an antique
By Bill on 08/14/06 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The E320 CDI is very fuel efficient and fun to drive, but the transmission has occassional problems. Slipping during takeoff which my dealer says is normal. Styling is rather bland. Seats could stand to be a little more comfortable. The lumbar support should be power and easier to reach. My biggest complaint is the antique nav system. Somebody must have bought these on a $59 closeout. Charging $2900 for this system should be a felony. It's an unbelievably antiquated system with few features, no touch screen, and no voice command. Also there's no bluetooth unless you buy their phone. I own a 2007 Toyota Camry that blows this car away with superior luxury features. Sorry MB, you need to catch up

Don't Leave Home Without It!
By Doc on 07/16/06 19:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

There's a flaw in the stats: mine gets MORE gas mileage: 45 mph. The car rides like a dream but maneuvers like a sports car. Quiet and powerful. I formerly owner a Mercedes diesel 70's model and the problems were: slower than a gas engine, smelly and noisy. Not now: the Turbo Diesel is super fast, doesn't smell, and is quiet as a church mouse. Listen to your doctor: Buy this car! Miami to Atlanta on 1 tank!

E320 CDI Rocks
By John on 06/16/06 21:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Have owned BWM, Volkswagen, and Volvo vehicles. This MB is by far the best in terms of build qulity, ride, and engineering. This is my first diesel, so I'm hoping for a huge improvement over my current SUV (16 mpg). The design is timeless and the car feels like it will go hundreds of thousands of miles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.