Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Love to drive my Mercedes
By beth

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove my E350 960 miles one way. I got 30.9 miles per gallon. It gave me the pickup I needed to pass at 60 or 70 miles per hour. This car is great. I love it and wouldn't want another car.

Color, handling, gas mileage, pickup

Need a little more movement in the seat to go up or down, not just forward or backward.

Don't Leave Home Without It!
By Doc

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

There's a flaw in the stats: mine gets MORE gas mileage: 45 mph. The car rides like a dream but maneuvers like a sports car. Quiet and powerful. I formerly owner a Mercedes diesel 70's model and the problems were: slower than a gas engine, smelly and noisy. Not now: the Turbo Diesel is super fast, doesn't smell, and is quiet as a church mouse. Listen to your doctor: Buy this car! Miami to Atlanta on 1 tank!

DVD, Satellite radio, handling, gas mileage, ride, power seats, quiet, fast. The best car in the world today!

Lower price? How about a convertible diesel four matic? My dream car.

Frustrated long time MB owner!
By Frank Wendt

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Three major problems resulting in overnite service: Emergency brake release came completely out of dashboard; could not move vehicle. Harness for seatbags defective and had to be replaced. Starter key went "dead" after 17,000 mi. Could not reset clock for daylight time, nor could three dealer service personnel! Confusing option "sets" on steering wheel. etc etc

Remove significant number of items which are superflous to performance and are computer operated! My l998 E320 was perfect! Wish I had not turned it in!

First Mercedes after a BMW 3-series
By stormybmw

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes E350 wasn't my first choice for a midsize car. After driving a BMW 3-series for 6 yrs, my obvious choice was a 5-series. The 5-series design is ugly and I-drive is terrible, car was more nimble and fun to drive than an E350. Definitely a beautiful car that turns people's heads.

Beautiful, moodlights at night, fast acceleration, MB star on hood :)

Better transmission, better fuel economy, more standard features (blutooth, touch screen navi, bigger navi screen, better navi, xenon headlights, full leather seats, valet trunk locks, puddle lights (as in the 2003-2005 e class) better radio, memory seats 1 touch, digital dual zone climate control

"KLASS E"
By embeth

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second Mercedes. Our other one is a 2006 CLS55 AMG. I bought this E500 this May with the Sports Package as well as the Apperance Package. I love the Sports package with the dual exhaust, sports suspension, and high performance tires. I live in a wealthy town, and I see Mercedes all the time. I wanted mine to be & look different and it does. I am yet to see another E500 with the Sports Package. From my understanding, not alot were made for the 2006 model.

Dual exhaust, high performance tires, sports suspension, that the car can raise & lower, the look, but most of all driving it!

There are definitely blind spots...yikes!