Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

What a Lemon
By Lemon Car

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought it 6/29. At 1000 miles, notification of airbag malfunction. Mercedes tells me not to drive it for safety. 600 miles after it got fixed, another notification of airbag malfunction. Mercedes has too many electrical problems. Never had problems with any of my Japan made cars (Lexus, Infiniti).

Drives good if there are no electrical problems.

Let Lexus make your electrical circuits and transmission.

Love It!
By Teresa

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I don't think I will ever own anything but a Mercedes now! It's the best! Plenty of room for my family. I cannot believe the fuel economy I am getting! The dealership filled up my tank and I drove on that first tank 723 miles. This has so much power, and looks so slick!

Everything! I love this car!

The only thing I can say is that I wish some of the sedans came with a DVD player installed from the factory.

It Will Save Your Life!
By joe

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Faster than a speeding bullet. Finest ride in the world. This Mercedes truly lives up to what the Europeans say: There's Mercedes and then there's the rest. It is safe, quiet. The diesel sounds sexier and quieter than a gas engine, and the turbo makes it faster. I pay 23 cents less a gallon than I do for BMW guzzling Z4 BMW. Buy this car, it will save your soul.

DVD, navigation, compass. Stereo, satellite radio. Power everything.

Bluetooth. I have it in my Z4.

Nav system is an antique
By Bill

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The E320 CDI is very fuel efficient and fun to drive, but the transmission has occassional problems. Slipping during takeoff which my dealer says is normal. Styling is rather bland. Seats could stand to be a little more comfortable. The lumbar support should be power and easier to reach. My biggest complaint is the antique nav system. Somebody must have bought these on a $59 closeout. Charging $2900 for this system should be a felony. It's an unbelievably antiquated system with few features, no touch screen, and no voice command. Also there's no bluetooth unless you buy their phone. I own a 2007 Toyota Camry that blows this car away with superior luxury features. Sorry MB, you need to catch up

The diesel engine is wonderfully built. Kudos.

Start providing a decent nav system and reimburse the folks that got stuck with the current one.

The Best Car I Ever Bought
By calvin lahham

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

No BMW will compare to this machine. Great performance, good looks, and not many people drive it. So it's very special.

Incredible horsepower delivery. Great handling.

Bigger wheels. better sound system. Update the navigation monitor. Bluetooth is a must on next model