2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
CDI is way to go
By losarkos on 10/02/05 08:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The CDI at 34 mpg on my last 3600 mile road trip can't be beat. I do miss a middle armrest but the distronic seats make up for it. The car is fast. I do find the Harmon Kardon radio a tad less bass capable than I like

Great combo of ride and drive!
By sacguy on 10/02/05 01:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car replaced a 2002 BMW 5 series. I just could not warm to the new 5 series interior/exterior. I never owned a MBZ, but this car is great. Quiet, serene ride and good handling, feels very competent and secure on the road. Nice interior is dignified and well done, with a touch of sportiness with the Appearance pkg. The 7 speed V6 is smooth and has plenty of power, Seats are first rate and I no longer get lower back pain on long drives, like I did in the BMW. This car is a wonderful combination of comfortable cruiser with enough road manners to make it fun to drive. I wopuld not get it without the appearannce package - makes it look so much better - in and out

Sore elbow
By gtr on 09/29/05 21:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Ordered in June after driving 2005 demo. 2006 arrived with no arm rest; roll top desk top instead. After 5 weeks, driven it only about 100 miles. When I go to use it I think "sore elbow," and use a different car. I have a C240 wagon and until recently a CL600. Both had a plastic runner at the bottom of the door opening. This one has fabric - great for attracting stains. Mercedes appears to consider its customers incompetent when it comes to lowering the back seats. An interlock moves the passenger seat forward, after which it might just accommodate a five- year-old. All kinds of hassle to overide this interlock so as to be able to use the seat. Wonderful vehicle spoiled by dumb design.

A really advanced car
By Seattle Slew on 09/26/05 01:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Looked at all the Japanese cars like Acura RL and Infiniti M35. The E350, at first, seemed much less featured. This turns out not to be true. the car may lack voice activated features but it has everything else. Love the cruise control which actually brakes the car when you slow the car down. Would highly recommend the car.

Amazing Drive
By Mani on 09/23/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have never gotten into a sedan and had this much fun driving it. This car combines luxury and sporty into the perfect blend. I would have never imagined paying this much for any car I would buy, but it is worth every cent. The 3 suspension settings give great control over your ride. The power is more than I will ever need (Got up to a 100 mph in a few sec. the other day without realizing it.) The fuel economy is pretty bad, but what do you expect from a car of this size with AWD and a V8. The transmission on this car is so smooth that I never know when it shifts gears. Finally, the luxury features are amazing. I highly recommend it, if you want to spend in this price range.

2006 E350 First 90 Days
By BradQ on 09/20/05 07:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

A very good car overall. Well built, great performance and amenities. Dealer service and interest in customer relations is also very good. My only complaint is that the software CD supplied with the navigation system has very limited coverage of the US outside of several major cities. It totally ignores such places as Wilmington, NC, Camp LeJeune Marine Base, and many other areas, limiting its functionality severly.

Great Package
By Nathan on 09/19/05 18:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This new engine combined with the new 7- speed auto tranny provides brisk performance at any speed. The new tranny seem to be in the right gear at all times and pulls away without hesitation. Roomy and comfortable for long drives too. The layout of the speedo, tach and clock is a bit strange since you find yourself looking at the clock when you want the tach. There is also too much information in the middle part of the speedometer without any logical corollation. The NAV system is vastly improved and highly useful. This is our 7th Mercedes-Benz and so far so good.

E55 AMG the best perfomance sedan
By Boli27 on 09/18/05 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned BMW M5, Porsche 911 Turbo and I thought they were great. I love the way my new E55 drives, I love how fast it is and how well it handles. I think the 911 Turbo I had was one of the best handling car, but this E55 it's up there and it has room for 5. . It is a shame when you have some one pull up to you in a new Corvette and you leave them behind.

Lemon
By crossan on 09/11/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great looking car, but one of the worst I have owned as far as reliability and quality. In six months, this car has been in the shop 6 times, burning oil, engine replaced, air bag malfuncation, etc. This car makes we wish I had bought the ACURA RL.....no wonder the Mercedes CEO was fired...go elsewhere for quality.

E350 review
By Erik on 09/06/05 15:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

So far so good. We only have about 200 miles so far but a great lease price compared others in the category.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.