Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Great Car
By tom

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We previosly owned 4 MLs, but it was time for a change. The car is fun to drive. The car has plenty of pick up. The interior space is very generous and the ride is great

The Navigation system is a favorite with my son. Overall, the car is just fun to drive.

I would like to see the service program brought back.

Disappointing
By Lonnie

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I’ve always wanted a Mercedes. To me, they were the epitome of luxury cars. I'm sorry to say I have been terribly disappointed. For what I paid I expected a top of the line vehicle, but got far less than I could have gotten from a new Camry. To start with, the navigation system is very important to me, yet the E320 has no touch screen, no voice command, not even blue tooth (some Japanese economy cars have blue tooth). In fact, the processor is so slow it can’t present but a few streets at a time, and has no readable compass in the nav mode. No right arm rest for the driver if you use the cup holder. I could go on but space is limited. I wish I hadn’t given up my Camry for this car.

Diesel engine

Luxury appointments, Nav system, and especially customer service which I found totally non-responsive, as in ignored my calls, my emails, and even my request to speak to an MB Rep through the dealership I bought from. What's happened to this company?

E350 review
By cerp

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall very good car. But has some quality issues that I would not expect in a $50k car. Driver seat squeaks (had to take twice to dealership), screws in plate holder became loose. A/C is noisy, fan in auto mode seems stuck in position 5. Had it checked, MB said it was normal. Other than that, is it a comformtable sedan with a spacious trunk. Engine is powerful with great gas mileage. You can easily get 26 MPG in freeway driving.

Very good gas mileage. Comfortable ride. Quiet cabin.

Noisy A/C, takes time to cool off car. A bit complicated to operate all the gadgets.

What a great car
By Alex

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I never thought I would own a Mercedes. I always felt they were and old person's car. This CDI as a lot of power. I drove from south Jersey to 20 miles from Georgia on one tank of fuel. I bet I could have made it to Georgia. I lease the car and the only way I will not buy it after the lease is if Mercedes puts that motor in its S class.

The fuel mileage. The ride is soft.

The Nav system. Put this engine in an S-class car. You will have a winner.

1st Mercedes
By Mel

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was skeptical to buy a Mercedes, and felt it may be over priced, but it has been worth the money. Compared to other high end manufacturers, Mercedes drivers recieve the best overall performance and feel of a luxury car.

The sport version has so much room, I forget its kick other than the drive.

I would add toggle to the steering wheel for navigation like the radio feature.