2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
An Excellent Car
By William on 11/01/05 14:36 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The E320 CDI is top notch and well worth the 50G+ price tag. Acceleration is smooth and effortless, the interior is attractive, quiet, and comfortable. It is literally a pleasure to drive back and forth to work. If the power, ride, and handling don't lift your spirits, the sound system surely will. This car has become my private decompression chamber. I look forward to driving it each and every day. It has that quality of ride and handling only the Germans seem able to pull off - firm yet compliant, and tight yet not punishing or noisy. It's as though the bad elements arising from the road are edited out, yet you're still left with outstanding feel and handling.

After four months of driving
By Jim Smith on 10/31/05 15:52 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I dearly love the car, if I can keep it out of the shop. It is the small things, like keyless go has given me fits (three service visits). Now the steering wheel up and down module is out (6 hours of labor). Other small things have gone out. I love the power, the economy of fuel, Sirius radio, GPS, and comfort, but overall quality stinks.

Expensive, but very fun
By Nick Marden on 10/27/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car in Feb 2005 - one of the first 2006 E350s to come off the boat in America. I had held off choosing between the 2005 model year E320 and E500 because I felt that there must be a better solution with more horsepower than the E320 but less cost than the E500. Sure enough, waiting one model year was worth it, because the E350 hits that sweet spot right between the old E320 and the E500.

Wolf underneath sheep skin
By Sand07 on 10/24/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I had an Audi RS6 which was fast, but it doesn’t compare to the power, handling and overall performance of my new E55 AMG. I love it, I love every moment I’m in the car driving it. My Audi RS6 didn’t deliver the same for me. I can easily tell how much faster my E55 is over the Audi. I have my car at a race track doing 12.2 quarter mile.

Excellent
By ktcotton on 10/18/05 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Bought the E320 CDI to replace 04 BMW 530i. The difference in quality are amazing, for a $50k+ car the BMW is cheap and tacky inside. MB feels like it costs a lot more. Fuel consumption made me get the diesel, after test- driving both the gas and the diesel. The torque is stunning. Averaging 33mpg combined so far.

I traded in a 2003 E 350
By Gerald Perlow on 10/18/05 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car handles better than my previous E 500 (2003). The power is virtually the same below 60 mph and it feels more responsive in spite of its' AWD. I also have an S 500 and this car is more fun to drive. I road tested the new GS AWD and the M35 of Lexus and Infiniti and this car was the winner.

Perfect Solution
By Perfect Storm on 10/15/05 10:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car offers a great ride coupled with outstanding fuel economy, good looks, and a social conscience. Sat, Nav, sound system are all top quality. Worth every penny!

High end MB with low end econobox milage
By John on 10/09/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Great build quality, interior layout and handling. Quiet engine, as well as wind noise at high speed due to high tech diesel and .27 drag coef. Handling is best I've seen in a 4000lb sedan with road tests give it a .84 skid pad rating.. With 17" 245/45 wheels/tires it almost handles like a sports car. I am getting over 40 mpg consistently at speed over 70mph in freeway milage.. amazing.

Superb Car
By PGC1877 on 10/05/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The power and sophistication of this diesel motor must be experienced to be believed. Why M-B does not offer this motor in more body styles is beyond me.

What a buy
By au1114 on 10/02/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car is the best highway cruiser I ever had. After 53 cars, it’s smooth and except for tire noise it is very quiet. The tire noise will be fixed with non high energy tires. My mpg is 30. The suspension is controlled but stable and conforming without being hard or soft.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.