Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Who Da Mn
By Paul Pelc

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is just an all around Precision Machine. Ungodly speed and handling! The Vette or Carrera or just about anything that pulls up next to you will end up in your rearview mirror. It doesnt matter if you are starting from a stop or already going 80, hit it and it will plant your head and take off like a bullet. The first time you head up a 40mph ramp merging into the highway doing 137mph you realize how AMG is - vs standard. The only regret is that the Autoban is not a local road!

the look the sound the power need i say more

louder sterio better nav remote start

First Mercedes-Benz
By Alex

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I'm used to the comfortable hohum driving experieces of Japanese cars. For a long time I've driven Lexus, but decided I wanted something fun to drive, comfortable, safe, and powerful. This car fit the description almost perfectly. I got the AWD model for Connecticut's uncertain winters. The car begs to be driven fast. You can fine tune your suspension from comfort to sport which ever you desire. A deterent for German cars seem to be its terrible reliability, so far nothing yet! We'll see how the rest of the year progesses. It's nice to have the only one , the car turns heads all over. The vehicle was equipped with the premium and appearance packages, electric trunk closer, wood steering wheel, and voice control.

The seats are 1st class. The surplus in power, and the handling is precise. The rare appearence package defines the car and makes it look like nothing else on the road. Heated and ventialted seats, Harman Kardon audio, HID lights with curve illumination, suspension control, steering wheel. The 3 pointed star on the hood! Quietness

Parktronic and Bluetooth Should be standard. Fuel economy is terrible, but it's an AWD V8, what do u expect? Steering is bit heavy at low speeds!

Great Car
By tom

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We previosly owned 4 MLs, but it was time for a change. The car is fun to drive. The car has plenty of pick up. The interior space is very generous and the ride is great

The Navigation system is a favorite with my son. Overall, the car is just fun to drive.

I would like to see the service program brought back.

Disappointing
By Lonnie

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Iíve always wanted a Mercedes. To me, they were the epitome of luxury cars. I'm sorry to say I have been terribly disappointed. For what I paid I expected a top of the line vehicle, but got far less than I could have gotten from a new Camry. To start with, the navigation system is very important to me, yet the E320 has no touch screen, no voice command, not even blue tooth (some Japanese economy cars have blue tooth). In fact, the processor is so slow it canít present but a few streets at a time, and has no readable compass in the nav mode. No right arm rest for the driver if you use the cup holder. I could go on but space is limited. I wish I hadnít given up my Camry for this car.

Diesel engine

Luxury appointments, Nav system, and especially customer service which I found totally non-responsive, as in ignored my calls, my emails, and even my request to speak to an MB Rep through the dealership I bought from. What's happened to this company?

E350 review
By cerp

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall very good car. But has some quality issues that I would not expect in a $50k car. Driver seat squeaks (had to take twice to dealership), screws in plate holder became loose. A/C is noisy, fan in auto mode seems stuck in position 5. Had it checked, MB said it was normal. Other than that, is it a comformtable sedan with a spacious trunk. Engine is powerful with great gas mileage. You can easily get 26 MPG in freeway driving.

Very good gas mileage. Comfortable ride. Quiet cabin.

Noisy A/C, takes time to cool off car. A bit complicated to operate all the gadgets.