2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

Great car when not being repaired
By Tom

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first and last Mercedes. I've owned this care for maybe seven weeks. In that time it has been in for repairs on three different occasions, because the engine light was on. It is still in the shop and has been for the last 15 days with no end in sight. Told it is a gas problem, then no compression in one cylinder, then cam shaft slipped causing scoring. They have no clue. I own a Mercedes and ride the bus.

Favorite Features

Comfort, styling, and handling are all great qualities.

Suggested Improvements

Do not buy one, you'll spend more time walking.

Family Wagon that's fun to drive!
By Jennifer

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My MB E500 wagon is the first Mercedes that I have owned and I am in love with it after driving it for just over a year. I spend a lot of time driving my children around and it makes a difference to have such a comfortable interior. I live in Minnesota and my 4Matic drives great in the snow! I've had just two problems: 1.A faulty transfer case which was replaced and fully covered under the warranty and 2. Poor tire wear which was also a warranty item and the tires were replaced.

Favorite Features

The comfortable heated seats!

Suggested Improvements

More cupholders for the back seat.

A fine all around car
By 2006 mercedes-benz e

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We are getting exceptional mileage, 36- 38 on the road and 28-30 around town. Car is exceptionally comfortable, and my wife (who has a bad back) finds the seats the best she has ever been in. It is a great road car, with quiet good looks. We are extremely pleased with no complaints whatsoever.

Favorite Features

Torque!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

1st Mercedes
By Mel

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was skeptical to buy a Mercedes, and felt it may be over priced, but it has been worth the money. Compared to other high end manufacturers, Mercedes drivers recieve the best overall performance and feel of a luxury car.

Favorite Features

The sport version has so much room, I forget its kick other than the drive.

Suggested Improvements

I would add toggle to the steering wheel for navigation like the radio feature.

The Best
By carol

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned Mercedes in the past, I just love this vehicle and its looks, performance, and having the 4 matic gives me more peace of mind for safety when driving in the tortential rains in Florida. This is a must have vehicle and price was well worth it.

Favorite Features

The clock, satellite radio, design is sleek and sporty. It catches the eye. Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had a storage place for the big Mercedes case that all the books go into. It doesn't fit in the glove box.

Frustrated long time MB owner!
By Frank Wendt

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Three major problems resulting in overnite service: Emergency brake release came completely out of dashboard; could not move vehicle. Harness for seatbags defective and had to be replaced. Starter key went "dead" after 17,000 mi. Could not reset clock for daylight time, nor could three dealer service personnel! Confusing option "sets" on steering wheel. etc etc

Suggested Improvements

Remove significant number of items which are superflous to performance and are computer operated! My l998 E320 was perfect! Wish I had not turned it in!

Luxurious yes, but it's no BMW
By DonnyMac

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E350 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We decided we needed seating for 6-7, but didn't want an SUV. That left the E series and the Volvo V70. The E350 is beautiful, well-appointed and comfortable/luxurious. The suspension and steering, however, are softer than they should be, especially if you are used to driving a BMW with sports suspension (or even an Audi). The Volvo V70 R was sportier in power and handling, and had WAY better front seats (the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in, in fact), but was too stark/dark in the cockpit. Probably, upgrading to the E55 Wagon solves the problem, but for $35k more, that's insane. Come on Mercedes, make it handle more like a German driving machine!

Favorite Features

Rear facing third row seat and automatic power liftgate.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter steering, better road feel and stiffer suspension.

Power and Comfort
By Gary W

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I recently drove this vehicle 1,000 miles in 48 hours -- arrived without the expected feeling of fatigue or weariness. Wonderful blend of power and comfort. Car feels as heavy as my previous S600 sedan but is far more agile and intuitive. Fit and finish are great but would like to see upgraded material on lower door panels, headliner and sun visors that is more appropriate to a car that listed at nearly $70K. No other complaints -- everything else about the car is first class -- especially like the airmatic suspension and Harmon Kardon sound system. A true wolf in sheep's clothing.

Favorite Features

Airmatic suspension; sound system; power lift gate; all around visibility; powerful engine response.

Suggested Improvements

More substantial fabric on lower door panels and for headliner and sun visors.

Love the car
By Ron Talbot

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second E-model turbo diesel. I was happy with the trade on my E- 300TD. This E320 CDI exceeded my expectations for overall quality and roadability. There are a few options I feel should come with the car but all in all I feel its a 9.5.

Favorite Features

The GPS. The dash and information center.

Suggested Improvements

Make it available in all wheel drive. Being old fashioned I would still like to dip sticks to check oil and transmission

Sore elbow
By gtr

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Ordered in June after driving 2005 demo. 2006 arrived with no arm rest; roll top desk top instead. After 5 weeks, driven it only about 100 miles. When I go to use it I think "sore elbow," and use a different car. I have a C240 wagon and until recently a CL600. Both had a plastic runner at the bottom of the door opening. This one has fabric - great for attracting stains. Mercedes appears to consider its customers incompetent when it comes to lowering the back seats. An interlock moves the passenger seat forward, after which it might just accommodate a five- year-old. All kinds of hassle to overide this interlock so as to be able to use the seat. Wonderful vehicle spoiled by dumb design.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Put the armrest back in, use material which can be easily cleaned at the lower door openings, don't patronize customers by automatically moving the passenger seat so far forward it becomes unuesable, make the third row seats optional so as to provide secure, covered storage when back seats are down.