Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

E350 4Matic
By Stephen

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Its time for me to give my 39 month lease back. I would highly recommend this car. I spend 2.5 - 3 hurs a day in it for a commute and it has been great. Only problem I had was with the all wheel drive transfer box. Supposedly they had problems with the lubricants in this year and the car vibrates when moving slowly and making sharp turns (approx $4000 fix if out of warranty).

Favorite Features

Sattelite Radio

Suggested Improvements

Nav just okay

A Religious Experience
By Kyle

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 07 Mustang for this because it was an amazing steal. One word describes this car: heavenly. I can't stop staring at it; 10 years down the road it will be just as elegant and refined as it is today. The ride is amazingly smooth, you can hit potholes at 40mph and hear them but not feel them. The sound system is impeccable and the controls easy to use if a bit distant from your hand. The V8 is the most finely tuned I've ever seen-easy to control yet quick to please. AWD is amazing yet does not sacrifice handling as so many others do. Gas mileage is awful but is to be expected and no worse than any SUV. The controls are in the oddest places and are sometimes hard to fathom.

Favorite Features

Harmon/Kardon stereo. AWD. V8. Serene driving experience and environment. Terrific brakes. Value for money. Style!

Suggested Improvements

Who puts the cruise control high on the steering wheel when in every other car the turning signal is normally there? Air suspension is annoying after starting off. Controls are alien compared to any other car on the road.

Got Transmission?
By Maggie

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I am compelled to write a review on this car after a year and a half of ownership because it has been a series of non-stop transmission problems which Mercedez cannot seem to fix. I do not know if they have fixed the 2007 model but you really need to thoroughly test-drive this car and ask around. Also, the back tires needed replacement after just 20,000 miles which seemed a little too soon. This car also has a totally unusable cup holder, something you think is just a small thing but turns out to be huge for us commuters. I am thoroughly disappointed in my $70,000 purchase and wish I had stayed with a Lexus, a car I thoroughly enjoyed for ten years.

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior design. The dynamic seat features are also fun except that they automatically turn off after a little while so on long drives, you need to keep turning them back on. Big trunk is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

As stated, this car has been a steady diet of transmission problems. The cup holder is also poorly designed.

First Mercedes-Benz
By Alex

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I'm used to the comfortable hohum driving experieces of Japanese cars. For a long time I've driven Lexus, but decided I wanted something fun to drive, comfortable, safe, and powerful. This car fit the description almost perfectly. I got the AWD model for Connecticut's uncertain winters. The car begs to be driven fast. You can fine tune your suspension from comfort to sport which ever you desire. A deterent for German cars seem to be its terrible reliability, so far nothing yet! We'll see how the rest of the year progesses. It's nice to have the only one , the car turns heads all over. The vehicle was equipped with the premium and appearance packages, electric trunk closer, wood steering wheel, and voice control.

Favorite Features

The seats are 1st class. The surplus in power, and the handling is precise. The rare appearence package defines the car and makes it look like nothing else on the road. Heated and ventialted seats, Harman Kardon audio, HID lights with curve illumination, suspension control, steering wheel. The 3 pointed star on the hood! Quietness

Suggested Improvements

Parktronic and Bluetooth Should be standard. Fuel economy is terrible, but it's an AWD V8, what do u expect? Steering is bit heavy at low speeds!

"KLASS E"
By embeth

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second Mercedes. Our other one is a 2006 CLS55 AMG. I bought this E500 this May with the Sports Package as well as the Apperance Package. I love the Sports package with the dual exhaust, sports suspension, and high performance tires. I live in a wealthy town, and I see Mercedes all the time. I wanted mine to be & look different and it does. I am yet to see another E500 with the Sports Package. From my understanding, not alot were made for the 2006 model.

Favorite Features

Dual exhaust, high performance tires, sports suspension, that the car can raise & lower, the look, but most of all driving it!

Suggested Improvements

There are definitely blind spots...yikes!