2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
E350 4Matic
By Stephen on 07/16/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Its time for me to give my 39 month lease back. I would highly recommend this car. I spend 2.5 - 3 hurs a day in it for a commute and it has been great. Only problem I had was with the all wheel drive transfer box. Supposedly they had problems with the lubricants in this year and the car vibrates when moving slowly and making sharp turns (approx $4000 fix if out of warranty).

A Religious Experience
By Kyle on 12/03/08 10:28 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 07 Mustang for this because it was an amazing steal. One word describes this car: heavenly. I can't stop staring at it; 10 years down the road it will be just as elegant and refined as it is today. The ride is amazingly smooth, you can hit potholes at 40mph and hear them but not feel them. The sound system is impeccable and the controls easy to use if a bit distant from your hand. The V8 is the most finely tuned I've ever seen-easy to control yet quick to please. AWD is amazing yet does not sacrifice handling as so many others do. Gas mileage is awful but is to be expected and no worse than any SUV. The controls are in the oddest places and are sometimes hard to fathom.

Got Transmission?
By Maggie on 07/10/07 23:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I am compelled to write a review on this car after a year and a half of ownership because it has been a series of non-stop transmission problems which Mercedez cannot seem to fix. I do not know if they have fixed the 2007 model but you really need to thoroughly test-drive this car and ask around. Also, the back tires needed replacement after just 20,000 miles which seemed a little too soon. This car also has a totally unusable cup holder, something you think is just a small thing but turns out to be huge for us commuters. I am thoroughly disappointed in my $70,000 purchase and wish I had stayed with a Lexus, a car I thoroughly enjoyed for ten years.

First Mercedes-Benz
By Alex on 10/02/06 12:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I'm used to the comfortable hohum driving experieces of Japanese cars. For a long time I've driven Lexus, but decided I wanted something fun to drive, comfortable, safe, and powerful. This car fit the description almost perfectly. I got the AWD model for Connecticut's uncertain winters. The car begs to be driven fast. You can fine tune your suspension from comfort to sport which ever you desire. A deterent for German cars seem to be its terrible reliability, so far nothing yet! We'll see how the rest of the year progesses. It's nice to have the only one , the car turns heads all over. The vehicle was equipped with the premium and appearance packages, electric trunk closer, wood steering wheel, and voice control.

"KLASS E"
By embeth on 06/22/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second Mercedes. Our other one is a 2006 CLS55 AMG. I bought this E500 this May with the Sports Package as well as the Apperance Package. I love the Sports package with the dual exhaust, sports suspension, and high performance tires. I live in a wealthy town, and I see Mercedes all the time. I wanted mine to be & look different and it does. I am yet to see another E500 with the Sports Package. From my understanding, not alot were made for the 2006 model.

Amazing Drive
By Mani on 09/23/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have never gotten into a sedan and had this much fun driving it. This car combines luxury and sporty into the perfect blend. I would have never imagined paying this much for any car I would buy, but it is worth every cent. The 3 suspension settings give great control over your ride. The power is more than I will ever need (Got up to a 100 mph in a few sec. the other day without realizing it.) The fuel economy is pretty bad, but what do you expect from a car of this size with AWD and a V8. The transmission on this car is so smooth that I never know when it shifts gears. Finally, the luxury features are amazing. I highly recommend it, if you want to spend in this price range.

Love it
By Mercy on 08/25/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is our second Mercedes, we love it. Runs beautifully. The intereior is very roomy. Lots of great features. I really enjoy driving it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.