2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Great car. But poor engine quality
By mbzpain on 07/27/13 23:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Love this car, great cruiser, comfortable, great mileage and power. BUT, Mercedes has delivered a car with a poorly designed engine. At 62K, I got check engine light and taking to the dealer was informed that I have to replace the balance shaft of my engine for a cost of close to $6K. According to the advisor and validated by the many articles you can find on the web. Mercedes, E350 engine (this affects E350, ML350 and many other C class cars using the same engine) was built using a balance shaft that was not tempered properly. This affects 10% to 15% of the cars between 2006 and 2007 Worst of all Mercedes will not stand behind the poorly manufactured engine !!!

Bad transmission for 2006 4matic
By eastsidejl on 10/18/11 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 06 is currently under MB Manufactures warrantee and I have been fighting with MB to replace my faulty transmission. At 28 mph, it skips. MB tells me there is nothing wrong and this is normal performance!!!! I am filing complaints with every agency. I paid an extra $2k for my extended warrantee when I bought my certified used MB and MB will not fix this!!!! I would NEVER buy this car!!!!!

The Reliabel E-350
By erhardt on 05/12/11 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am very satisfied with the performance of my Benz

Great Car
By williebegoode on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ever since I first saw the exterior styling of this E350 I've wanted one. The style was continued until 2009, and then changed in 2010 to a more angular look. So the 2006 looks exactly like the 2009 and the same model before it. This model has more pep than I realized, and I like the details and safety of the car. Very comfy.

Oil pump problems
By Hans on 08/20/10 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Listen in the morning at start up for a whining noise. it is the oil Pump because very few mechanics change the front of the trans oil, there are two oil plug for the transmission. Mercedes will replace the oil pump even the vehicle is out of warranty because they know there is a problem . 06 and 07 E350 .

7-speed transmission problems
By Keith K. on 07/31/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned 6 MB's in the last 28 years, they've all been reliable cars. Last year, I purchased a CPO 2006 E350 with 37,000 mi and an extended warranty. Thank God I purchased the warranty! Within six months a major oil leak had to be repaired on the engine and an interior trim piece on the center console pealed off; not so bad. Two days ago, I was driving and the transmission bumped hard down shifting from 2nd to 1st gear. When I drove off, it would not shift out of 1st gear. Had it towed to my dealer. They called today and said there was dark foreign fluid in the transmission fluid, that an interior part had failed and the transmission would need to be rebuilt or replaced. Not amused!

A lot of car
By williebegoode on 07/28/10 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was pulling out of a parking lot onto a busy street, and a pickup truck was bearing down on me; so I gave it some gas—it let out a low roar and went into hyper space. I did not expect that kind of performance, but it was there when I needed it. I've always liked the design of this model on the outside, but the inside is gorgeous too. I'm using a car cover—my last Mercedes Benz (bought new in 1983—240D) lasted me 16 years; and I hope this one does too. The car cover helps keep the nicks and scratches down and protects it from UV rays-- looks like new for life!

Great car
By Fred on 07/10/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car almost two years, bought it MB certified but have had zero problems with it. Driven on on trips, heavy traffic, everything and the car handles it all. Was even great in the snow last winter. Highly recommended.

You had me with the test drive
By oleschool74 on 02/27/10 08:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is truly a driving machine. I will never buy another brand again. This is my second benz and believe me...it is top of the line. City driving stinks but on the highway it is fuel friendly. If you love a smooth ride with Lux, this is the car for you...smooth riding my friend.

Off lease purchase
By Steve on 10/24/09 06:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchases this 350E AWD w/17200 miles on it. Beautiful vehicle. My 4th Mercedes. No complaints on vehicle purchase. Love the car. Whisper quiet on highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.