2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Mercedes Refinement and American Muscle
By Teflonman on 01/17/10 19:11 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

There is not much I can say that has not been already said about this car. Recap: Blistering acceleration (stock 12.5 quarter mile), Long distance highway comfort, and good looks for a sedan. The main draw for alot of people about this car is the ability to modify it north of 550 HP. It's easily done with a few add ons and a tune. It truly exemplifies class with muscle. I had mine at the quarter mile track and people were checking it out hard in disbelief that a sedan could haul like that. With the massive depreciation that Mercedes experience, you can't go wrong getting a used one and purchase an extended warranty. It's just the cost of doing business. ENJOY!

Nice, but not a Lexus
By Fast55 on 08/18/07 00:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I've way more issues with the '06 than my old E55 (2002 W210 E55) although, yes, the 2006 is a rocketship in comparison. MB has lost the "tank like" build quality of the older cars, and doesn't seem to care what the buyer endures as far as problems, but the car is scary fast, and is still the best 4 door hot rod money can buy. Get the build quality up to Lexus standards, and there will be no room for BMW in this market.

AMG E-55 Hold on tight
By Sara Fincher on 12/15/06 16:29 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is my 3rd AMG E-55. This has the most powerful engine 469 HP, 575 torque. Love the dynamic seats. They inflate to keep you centered when you're making sharp turns. This baby accelerates 0-60 in 4.5 sec. Jump on the freeway and leave 'em in the dust. This kind of performance and handling from a 4 door sedan (Stealth) most people don't have a clue what this car is capable of. Keep it under wraps so the showboats don't ruin it :) It is quick, powerful and agile with luxury comforts and gadgets.

Who Da Mn
By Paul Pelc on 10/06/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is just an all around Precision Machine. Ungodly speed and handling! The Vette or Carrera or just about anything that pulls up next to you will end up in your rearview mirror. It doesnt matter if you are starting from a stop or already going 80, hit it and it will plant your head and take off like a bullet. The first time you head up a 40mph ramp merging into the highway doing 137mph you realize how AMG is - vs standard. The only regret is that the Autoban is not a local road!

The Best Car I Ever Bought
By calvin lahham on 08/09/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

No BMW will compare to this machine. Great performance, good looks, and not many people drive it. So it's very special.

If you can do it
By Woody Brown on 06/03/06 09:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Although a push financially, the E55 is a monster swaddled in Armani. An understated, elegant, every day driver that will dust anything that challenges the "55" nameplate. And they will challenge it. Think of a brand new Aston Martin Vanquish pulling up hard on your right, the light changes and the Vanquish is "Vanquished" three car lengths behind. Hard to put a price tag on that moment. I couldn't. The E55 has cult status. Everyone asks,"Can it really do what they say it can". Yes. Yes it can. And then some. If you're throwing your hat in the super performance car ring, the E55 has to be considered. It can haul kids, signifcant others, friends to dinner, as well as plain out "haul".

One Nice Car
By speeddemon on 11/04/05 23:51 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I drive more than I used to in my 1999 E series, or my 1987 RX7 (a great handling car). I seek out the windy roads.

Wolf underneath sheep skin
By Sand07 on 10/24/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I had an Audi RS6 which was fast, but it doesnít compare to the power, handling and overall performance of my new E55 AMG. I love it, I love every moment Iím in the car driving it. My Audi RS6 didnít deliver the same for me. I can easily tell how much faster my E55 is over the Audi. I have my car at a race track doing 12.2 quarter mile.

E55 AMG the best perfomance sedan
By Boli27 on 09/18/05 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned BMW M5, Porsche 911 Turbo and I thought they were great. I love the way my new E55 drives, I love how fast it is and how well it handles. I think the 911 Turbo I had was one of the best handling car, but this E55 it's up there and it has room for 5. . It is a shame when you have some one pull up to you in a new Corvette and you leave them behind.

Nirvana
By Amer on 09/03/05 22:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is fast and fun to drive. It offers race-car speed and handling with four-door sedan comfort. The steering is not BMW-tight, but in the sports mode it makes a pretty close approximation. The car has a bunch of add-ons which should have been standard in a 90000+ dollar car(final cost). I did not like the styling changes with the new 5- series so the M5 was not an alternative I felt worth exploring. The AMG styling changes make this car standout. I am completely satisfied with driving experience and the seats are amazing. I'm 6' 5" and my wife is 5'0". We both have found comfortable seating positions

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.