2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel - Consumer Reviews

E320 CDI 3.2L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic - (57 reviews )
Love my car
By groovycoolbean on 10/08/12 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought this car as a used car at a dealership. Got an excellent price. Has over 126k miles but drives like new. Everything works like new. The interior is in pristine condition. For people who spill the occasional drink the stainguard on the floor mat works marvelously. The gas mileage is averaging 35 mph with a/c in Phoenix at speeds averaging 70 mph. I read previously an issue with that but I haven't experienced it. I drive 80 roundtrip miles daily and this car is perfect for it. My carpool buddy loves how comfortable the seats can be for his naps on the way home. The overhead lighting for the back seat passengers is very helpful for passengers to navigate maps, etc while I'm driving.

Great car
By eebenz on 04/12/12 16:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

So far zero problems with this car. I bought it transferred from Houston to Phoenix with 45k mi, and have 60k mi now. Everything is perfect. Fuel mileage summer 24/36 winter 29/38 city/highway. My typical city driving is 6 mile each way with 15 lights. hwy hilly and 75 to 80mph. Note ac use is the mpg killer in Phoenix.

Love this car
By srsmartin on 08/26/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car's average mileage for its first 51,000 miles is 30,6. On the highway I get 41+ at 70 mph. Add Mercedes legendary comfort and handling and this is a great car. I bought it used in 2009 from a dealer with a full MB warranty for $28 k. I'll never buy a new one again! It is my fourth Benz/first diesel, and I am now a diesel convert. Why drive anything else?

Best MB Diesel that I have owned
By Deezil Jim on 08/26/10 12:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car has performed exceptionally well since I purchased it from dealer. It had approx 28k at purchase. I purchased the MB extended warranty out to 5 year/100k to cover major component replacements. Best mileage was trip from El Paso,TX to destination near Fort Worth,TX (609 miles)this year, using air, with cruise control set at 70 MPH. With a few stops along the Interstate, I averaged 42.5 mpg to destination.Onboard computer at arrival said I could go another 280+ miles till refuel.(E-320 CDI has 21.0 gallontank. On board computer says that I have overall average of 33.5 mpg since purchase of car-mostly city driving mixed with some x-country trips. E- 320CDI, BEST of 4 diesel cars I owned!

Geaux Mercedes!
By Impulse II on 12/02/09 07:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought the car with 22,000 miles and now have 65,000 miles almost a year later. The only repair I've made (under warranty) was some front end work. The diesel has returned 35 MPG total average in predominantly highway driving (150 miles/day). With the exception of the front end work, the vehicle has been flawless, even the electronics (which is surprising). I've owned six Mercedes before, mostly diesels, and wholeheartedly recommend the brand, and particularly their diesels.

Every Car should be a Diesel
By startupguy on 11/26/09 06:40 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Finally, after 30 years of dreaming of buying a Mercedes Diesel, I finally have one. I purchased a used 2006 E320 CDI in November of 2009. I am beyond impressed. First, the vehicles systems are easy to access, air, fuel and air filters all are easy to access and change. I am a bit of a technical nut so this is important and it should be important to every person as it makes repairs cheaper. This car is built like a panzer tank. It effortlessly cruises at 100 and the economy is uncanny. I routinely get 40 MPG in MIXED DRIVING. My best is 45 MPG on a trip on Maine. This car is Quiet, and remarkable powerful. It blows away my BMW 3 series. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!

Mercedes Diesel is Great
By Bob on 11/26/09 05:48 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought this CPO car sight unseen from a dealer about 800 miles from home. I flew there, picked up the car, and drove it home. The car was virtually flawless. I was a little worried when the CEL came on the second day, but the selling dealer said not to worry...get it checked when I got home. I did...and it turned out to be a bad glow plug. My local dealer replaced all six plugs per a TSB. I have owned several Mercedes diesels in the past but this one blows the others out of the water. It has very strong acceleration! How great is that in a diesel (remember the ones from the 80s?)! I got slightly better than 40 mpg on my drive home and in combination city/freeway get 30+. Great car

A Moderately Good Vehicle
By Andy on 05/09/09 21:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Bought used with 28k miles on it. Was all excited about getting this car, but excitement has worn off. Radio sounds good, but controls are poor. Knows nothing of folders on MP3 CDs. Too many button presses to get from Radio to CD to other. Defrost is annoying: full fan speed, highest temp, turns A/C on. Have to use MB phone, no BlueTooth. Engine is very good, powerful, economical, driving range is excellent (near 700 miles). Yet to see 40mpg like people claim, and I drive conservatively. Steering is soft/spongy. No Oil Dipstick?! Leather is good. Overall a good car, but I expected more from a company that charged $50k+ for this car when new.

The true Mercedes-Benz
By Feszty on 12/16/08 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought this car when it was less than 6 months old with 4000 miles on it. I have had no problems with it at all and the drive and fuel economy is excellent. My only problem is that it is a bit too conservative for me, but after all I'm coming from a V8 BMW. But you've got to love the 37MPG for the 0-60 in 6.6 seconds. The interior is so much nicer than any of it's competitor's and there is enough space for 4 adults, even for long drives. I have installed the iPod option after market and it is the best thing you can ask for. Forget CD changers!

Have to get rid of this one.
By paul on 08/04/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Diesel E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Wonderful to drive. Fabulous mileage. Have driven MB since 1982. This is my last one. Has left me on the side of the road three times away from my home state in only 21000 miles. Fuel lift pump and fuel gauge sender unit is weak. It must be the same as from the gas engined car. Unit has been replaced twice. Air conditioner freezes up after driving two or three hours and has to be turned off to thaw, but refreezes every thirty minutes or so. Dealership seems unable to fix it. Mysterious electronic bugs in display that come and go. Preheat indicator sometimes comes on and stays on for three or four minutes. This car is not reliable enough to drive long distances!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.