Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Family Wagon that's fun to drive!
By Jennifer

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My MB E500 wagon is the first Mercedes that I have owned and I am in love with it after driving it for just over a year. I spend a lot of time driving my children around and it makes a difference to have such a comfortable interior. I live in Minnesota and my 4Matic drives great in the snow! I've had just two problems: 1.A faulty transfer case which was replaced and fully covered under the warranty and 2. Poor tire wear which was also a warranty item and the tires were replaced.

Favorite Features

The comfortable heated seats!

Suggested Improvements

More cupholders for the back seat.

A fine all around car
By 2006 mercedes-benz e

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We are getting exceptional mileage, 36- 38 on the road and 28-30 around town. Car is exceptionally comfortable, and my wife (who has a bad back) finds the seats the best she has ever been in. It is a great road car, with quiet good looks. We are extremely pleased with no complaints whatsoever.

Favorite Features

Torque!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

Power and Comfort
By Gary W

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I recently drove this vehicle 1,000 miles in 48 hours -- arrived without the expected feeling of fatigue or weariness. Wonderful blend of power and comfort. Car feels as heavy as my previous S600 sedan but is far more agile and intuitive. Fit and finish are great but would like to see upgraded material on lower door panels, headliner and sun visors that is more appropriate to a car that listed at nearly $70K. No other complaints -- everything else about the car is first class -- especially like the airmatic suspension and Harmon Kardon sound system. A true wolf in sheep's clothing.

Favorite Features

Airmatic suspension; sound system; power lift gate; all around visibility; powerful engine response.

Suggested Improvements

More substantial fabric on lower door panels and for headliner and sun visors.

Love the car
By Ron Talbot

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second E-model turbo diesel. I was happy with the trade on my E- 300TD. This E320 CDI exceeded my expectations for overall quality and roadability. There are a few options I feel should come with the car but all in all I feel its a 9.5.

Favorite Features

The GPS. The dash and information center.

Suggested Improvements

Make it available in all wheel drive. Being old fashioned I would still like to dip sticks to check oil and transmission

Sore elbow
By gtr

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Ordered in June after driving 2005 demo. 2006 arrived with no arm rest; roll top desk top instead. After 5 weeks, driven it only about 100 miles. When I go to use it I think "sore elbow," and use a different car. I have a C240 wagon and until recently a CL600. Both had a plastic runner at the bottom of the door opening. This one has fabric - great for attracting stains. Mercedes appears to consider its customers incompetent when it comes to lowering the back seats. An interlock moves the passenger seat forward, after which it might just accommodate a five- year-old. All kinds of hassle to overide this interlock so as to be able to use the seat. Wonderful vehicle spoiled by dumb design.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Put the armrest back in, use material which can be easily cleaned at the lower door openings, don't patronize customers by automatically moving the passenger seat so far forward it becomes unuesable, make the third row seats optional so as to provide secure, covered storage when back seats are down.