2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Great car. But poor engine quality
By mbzpain on 07/27/13 23:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Love this car, great cruiser, comfortable, great mileage and power. BUT, Mercedes has delivered a car with a poorly designed engine. At 62K, I got check engine light and taking to the dealer was informed that I have to replace the balance shaft of my engine for a cost of close to $6K. According to the advisor and validated by the many articles you can find on the web. Mercedes, E350 engine (this affects E350, ML350 and many other C class cars using the same engine) was built using a balance shaft that was not tempered properly. This affects 10% to 15% of the cars between 2006 and 2007 Worst of all Mercedes will not stand behind the poorly manufactured engine !!!

The Reliabel E-350
By erhardt on 05/12/11 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am very satisfied with the performance of my Benz

Oil pump problems
By Hans on 08/20/10 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Listen in the morning at start up for a whining noise. it is the oil Pump because very few mechanics change the front of the trans oil, there are two oil plug for the transmission. Mercedes will replace the oil pump even the vehicle is out of warranty because they know there is a problem . 06 and 07 E350 .

7-speed transmission problems
By Keith K. on 07/31/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned 6 MB's in the last 28 years, they've all been reliable cars. Last year, I purchased a CPO 2006 E350 with 37,000 mi and an extended warranty. Thank God I purchased the warranty! Within six months a major oil leak had to be repaired on the engine and an interior trim piece on the center console pealed off; not so bad. Two days ago, I was driving and the transmission bumped hard down shifting from 2nd to 1st gear. When I drove off, it would not shift out of 1st gear. Had it towed to my dealer. They called today and said there was dark foreign fluid in the transmission fluid, that an interior part had failed and the transmission would need to be rebuilt or replaced. Not amused!

You had me with the test drive
By oleschool74 on 02/27/10 08:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is truly a driving machine. I will never buy another brand again. This is my second benz and believe me...it is top of the line. City driving stinks but on the highway it is fuel friendly. If you love a smooth ride with Lux, this is the car for you...smooth riding my friend.

Consumer Reports was right
By Vdub on 08/04/09 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We were undecided between Lexus and MB,decided to go with an e350 with only 17000 miles. This car has the smoothest ride of any vehicle we've owned, including BMW. The problem has been with reliability-my car has been in the shop 5 times,I am currently in a loaner. Ranging from minor electrical problems to motor mounts. I am officially done! The dealership has been great and everything is under warranty. My wife is reluctant to get rid of the car because of the ride and appearance but this car has consumed to much of time!

Great Car!
By JJG on 06/23/09 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased this car with less than 13,000 miles (certified). Decided to add the extended warranty which extends coverage to 100k. Because of the lack luster economy I realized significant costs saving when I purchased this vehicle. This is a great Automobile! The ride is absolutely first rate and the safety features are without peer! My wife has a Lexus and there is a significant difference in handling and ride quality. I'm continuously complimented on the vehicle. This is my first MB! Definitely will not be my last. Simply put, this is the best automobile that I've ever owned!

BEST CAR EVER OWNED
By RMEN on 05/05/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought it with 4k miles on it. It has been a real joy driving and owing this car. Luxurious and powerful. I get a lot of compliments from people when they see the Panoramic sun roof.

Another Amazing Benz
By RI N8TIV on 02/07/09 18:43 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

What an amazing vehicle. = Picked up in Wisconsin and drove 630 miles back to Kansas in sheer comfort and style getting 27 mpg the whole way. Seven-speed transmission is as smooth as butter and the 268-hp engine provides ample passing power. Car is Platinum Blue over Ash leather and is downright stunning. This is my fourth MB. Currently have this and an '04 C230 Kompressor. I have also owned an E320 sedan and an E320 wagon.

Best Car for the Buck
By Drew on 10/29/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This being my first MB I will focus on my reaction to car now that I have owned it for a month. All I can say is wow. What a nicely built, very solid, comfortable and fun to drive car. I test drove, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Infiniti, Acura and some of the lesser import brands but the E350 is bar far the best mix off all. The stunner is when you push your foot down on the gas and the car hauls to 60 in less that 6.5 secs. Even better is when you hit a corner and there is 0 wheel squeal. Return the car to center at a cruising speed of 70 MPH and its sublime. Simply put, this car fits my image. A bit reserved, but push it and the wild side comes out, but returns to civility just as quickly.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.