Stay away from the airmatic suspension
By robert davis on
2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
With 1500 miles on my new E class a red message came on the dash, "do not drive-stop the car now" The airmatic suspension failed and the car looked like a "low rider" I had the car towed and four days later it was repaired. The control module failed along with a few other things. This module is approx. $3000 , what a nice thought down the road. The brake pedal squeaked, the door trim is a light color with no door sill so it is always dirty, (replaced once), the wipers were noisy and chatter and Mercedes doesn't seem to know what to do. I had to put white lithium grease on them to stop the squeak. Noticed this when I went to pick up the car after four days in the shop. Stay away from MB .
Favorite Features
I like the keyless go except it is set up for Yuppies who don't know where there key is. The bell sounds when you get out, don't forget the key, mine is in my pocket. Very iritating.
Suggested Improvements
The 2006 has a door sill to cover the cloth on the door opening. No fix for the rest of us though. Poor design for a luxury car. Take out the chime on the keyless go. Fix the wipers, go to GM and see what they do, my GMC truck wipers are quiet as can be.