2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Pure Luxury
By Mr. Yu on 06/05/05 01:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is awesome! The powerful V8 is silky smooth with responsive handling making this car an absolute joy to drive. The interior feels like it was well made and solid with sexy styling. When you slide into the car you immediately get the feeling of "luxury". In addition, it's packed with plenty of convenience features, too many to list. Definitely the best sedan I've ever owned!

The Regal E500 Sedan
By Mercedes Masterpiece on 05/29/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven 3 Mercedes, ML320, ML65, E320 4matic. The E500 is by far the best Mercedes I have ever owned. I love the luxury which the ML lacked. The reduction in wood on the doors is, in my opinion, a loss of style. The performance is okay. I will buy a Mercedes forever.

What's not to love???
By Ms. T W on 05/27/05 11:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Class and sass! After being loyal to BMW for the last 9 consecutive years, I didn't think MBenz could change me. After seeing, then driving the "05 E500 I was in love! I cannot believe all the luxury features in this vehicle from ventillated seats and seat heaters to seats that massage your lumbar area and power bolsters in the front seats that hug you at every turn! It drives very smooth and quiet (you almost forget the tiger under the hood). For the extra dollars the V8 cost over it's sister V6 version, it has proven to be more than worth it. Besides getting the obvious boost in HP, the V8 has features that are standard on it that would be an option on the V6. I truly adore this car!

A diesel MB charmer
By Steve Glauser on 05/03/05 14:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

When 1) Premium gas goes north of $2.30/gal; 2) you change jobs and started commuting 50 mi/day roundtrip on one of Atlanta's most congested roads and 3) the tranny in your 2002 Lincoln LSE is replaced at 26k miles, you buy a Benz turbodiesel. The new diesel technology is going to tramp hybrid into the ground IMHO. It's not the road warrior the LS was, but it's darn close. Cabin is much better suited to the long commute - better seats, stereo, NVH isolation. Torque spoils you immediately; HP has no meaning when the car locomotive pulls you to an easy 80mph cruise with no sign of power dropoff. I try not to subscribe to society's definition of success, but I feel like I've arrived in m E320 CDI.

2005 Mercedes E320 CDI
By G. Ward on 04/24/05 01:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have been very pleased with my E320 CDI in the year I have had it. My mileage has been between 33 and 35 mpg, and even higher on longer trips. The car has excellent pickup and is much better than the diesels I have owned in the past. The only problem I have had is that the clock in the dash gains a couple minutes a month and it is not exactly easy to reset. The dealer told me that this gain per month is within tolerances, but none of my clocks gained that much in the past. I have had one burned taillight in the year I've had the car, and one recall to repair the computer assisted brake system. All in all, it is an excellent car.

One VERY Happy Camper
By flaman on 04/23/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Averaging 31 MPG or mixed highway and (limited) city driving. Quiet inside the vehicle and no diesel odors. Unbelievable response when the accelerator is pushed.

Go Baby Go
By Sam on 04/20/05 01:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Unassuming power with effortless acceleration. It's sleek and comfortable enough to drive daily, but it can fly whenever you want. It's only a matter of time before my first speeding ticket.

I love this car!
By James on 04/19/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I live approx. 26 miles from work. I needed a nice luxury car with good gas mileage since my last ride was a Hummer H2. This car has it all. Good gas mileage, a perfect blend of comfort and sportiness and luxury. Safety features are top notch. I feel very safe, secure, and pampered in this car. Funny thing with this car is the faster I drive it, the better gas mileage I get. I drove it to California and averaged about 33 mpg. I usually get 28 back and forth from work. First thing I did was put on some custom chrome wheels. So far had the car for 4 months and no problems. If you do purchase this car make sure you take time at delivery to learn all the great things this car can do

What a car!
By Rocketman on 04/19/05 11:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I went into the dealership wanting to drive a C class but drove the E320 CDI first and drove off with it. This is my second MB and I am impressed with the power, quietness, performance, and MPG. This is the most impressive car that I have ever driven. It will make hybrid technology extinct. You owe it to yourself to drive this car.

Sleeper rocket wagon
By hot wagon on 04/19/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Wagon (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

When I first heard about the wagon, I ordered it immediately. I had hoped Mercedes would bring a high performance wagon to the U.S. but never had before, only the rest of the world had a performance estate wagon. While it is rather expensive for a wagon, approaching the price of an S55 (which I also have), I think the exclusivity and performance make the price acceptable. I was unable to order a power liftgate or parking sensors (two options the wife wanted) so she is less likely to use the wagon (ok with me) and cannot figure out why since both options are available on the E55 sedan but those options will probably be offered soon (the power liftgate should be standard). It handles like a sedan