Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

My favorite Mercedes
By Cathy Weil

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Mercedes purchase, first was the C230, second the S320, and now this model. While I enjoyed ownership of all previous Mercedes models, this sedan suits me the best. It is a perfect size and style. It is comfortable, yet fun to drive. The sound system provides great listening for my opera or rock CD's.

Style. Safety. Comfort.

Add power trunk "pull down" as feature.

Pure Luxury
By Mr. Yu

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is awesome! The powerful V8 is silky smooth with responsive handling making this car an absolute joy to drive. The interior feels like it was well made and solid with sexy styling. When you slide into the car you immediately get the feeling of "luxury". In addition, it's packed with plenty of convenience features, too many to list. Definitely the best sedan I've ever owned!

Sexy styling inside and out. Powerful engine. Great gas mileage for a V8.

Braking system lacks "progressive" feel. Other than that, it's been perfection!

What's not to love???
By Ms. T W

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Class and sass! After being loyal to BMW for the last 9 consecutive years, I didn't think MBenz could change me. After seeing, then driving the "05 E500 I was in love! I cannot believe all the luxury features in this vehicle from ventillated seats and seat heaters to seats that massage your lumbar area and power bolsters in the front seats that hug you at every turn! It drives very smooth and quiet (you almost forget the tiger under the hood). For the extra dollars the V8 cost over it's sister V6 version, it has proven to be more than worth it. Besides getting the obvious boost in HP, the V8 has features that are standard on it that would be an option on the V6. I truly adore this car!

The power of the V8, all the luxury appointments in the cabin, the comfort of the ride and knowing I'm in one of the safest autos on the road.

Not really much to improve on, but as a consumer, I think MB should have made the Satellite Radio System a standard feature. The car comes prewired for SIRIUS, but it cost almost $1000 for installation! I think that is pretty steep considering the car cost over $60,000.

My 11th mercedes
By tim everett

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

i have owned my 05 E320 for six months and 13k miles. It is visually delightful-much more so than my 01 E 320-both inside and out. The car can best be described as seamless and unobtrusive. I own a ferrari and a zippy 911 which don't get much use because this car is so pleasant to drive. The power is very adequate, climate control is perfect, ride feels like an easy chair and the handling is nimble. I am on a three year lease and can't wait to get the E 350.

Everything about the car

None

2005 Mercedes Benz E320
By Steve Lippert

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Mercedes, and by far the very best I've ever owned. Comfort beyond expectations, styling in and outside the cabin is fantastic...a real head turner! This car is rock solid, regardless of the road. It never leaves me feeling like I'm not in total control. Performs without flaws. A real touring sedan.

Harman Kardon sound system