2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Total Package
By B on 01/15/05 17:49 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is one for the ages -- in the proper exterior color and interior package it will turn heads. The power this car possesses almost got me locked up already for running against a Corvette in the city. Handling at high speeds is rather impressive, and the brakes are very responsive (almost too responsive at times. The nav system is very easy to operate and the heated and dynamic seats are luxuries that once you have them, they are now a must on any car you will ever purchase in the future. Rides extremely smooth and comfortable and after a few spins in it; you'll definitely feel why you spent what you did on it. This car is for mature adults only!!

Mercedes E500
By martin on 01/15/05 06:43 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Great car! Love the performance and interior layout. Harmon-Kardon sound system is superb!

Back in the Benz
By BensBenz on 01/05/05 11:42 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 5 Mercedes I opted for a change 3 years ago (Lexus GS430) as quality issues plaqued the brand. I have just brought myself back into the Mercedes fold and I must say..this vehicle is AWESOME!! Performance, fit and finish, styling is perfect. The car is solid, comfortable and fun to drive. This car is a KEEPER!

Why did I wait so long?
By Floridadriver on 01/03/05 10:02 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After waiting to compare the new BMW 545 to the E500 and other also rans, I went with the E500 and have not been disappointed. No quality issues with mine. Very few nits to pick on. Performance is OUTSTANDING, unless the 5.8 sec 0-60 isn't good enough for you (go E55). The three position suspension is very handy - dials in the three settings I like (cruising, everyday, and attack). The 7 speed is a joy, and the comfort/style is timeless. The headlights are great, always eliciting delight from passengers. Seats (adaptive) are spectacular. Seat/steering wheel adjustments combine for the best ergonomic setting possibilities I've seen in a vehicle.

Love my E
By Emperor Hsu on 12/22/04 10:49 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought the '05 E Class as a late B-day present to myself. I love the car so far. I have heard about the electronic gremlins in the car. Hopefully there aren't any in mine. The obsidian black paint is just gorgeous. I definetly reccomend the premium package. You get everything you need with that package except for the heated seats of course. I hope I am still in love with this car when I have to decide on getting the extended warranty. The appearance package is great. Except for the black wood trim, and the nasty looking rims. The stock rims look so much better. I wish they would bing back the window controls in the center. That was trademark mercedes!

2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 - The Most Beautiful Car Ever
By mc on 12/18/04 11:27 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is more than just the fancy Mercedes-Benz name. it has power comfort, looks and best of all you really do get what you paid for.

2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 - A Nice Business Car
By phil on 12/18/04 08:11 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As a 42 year marketing veteran who transports clients in his car, I needed a dependable business sedan that has an image matching my success and style. This car's performance and economics are there and its the passenger accomodations provide my clients with the comfort and pleasure to focus on their business decisions. This is my fourth Mercedes and we have been a great team!

The finest car built
By TDO on 12/15/04 08:38 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The E-320 is the finest touring production car now built.

Best Decision I've Ever Made
By socalyachter on 12/14/04 23:17 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

From start to finish, my buying experience was AWESOME! I was a very satisfied Lexus owner (SC300). But when I test drove my E320, there was no way I was going home without the car! I did drive the E500, but didn't feel an appreciable difference between a well-equipped E320 and the more powerful E500. I expected the E500 to be substantially different to justify the price ... but the sales guy and I agreed that the E320 was the best value. Seasoned MB owners will know that the way the car "hugs" you, the smooth acceleration, the smooth downshifting, the responsive engine... gosh, just everything is such a pleasure! Sorry Lexus, but I think your styling is rather dull ... MB rules!

NIce car
By Bill on 12/08/04 16:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 E500 which seemed quicker than this car, I think for the money it should have more hp