Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Wonderful Ride
By Ohio Driver

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Recently purchased the E500 at several thousand under dealer invoice. This car is fantastic. It has great power, comfort, and with the adjustable suspension, a great ride for any occasion. The dynamic seats are a feature I'll never be without again. The mileage is good considering the power and my heavy foot. Better than 27 mpg highway and 22 overall per the onboard computer. Navigation makes driving in new places a breeze. Takes the guess work out of knowing where you are. The transmission is smooth, but the brakes are a bit touchy. Takes a while to get used to them. My other car is a C320 and it now feels slugish by comparison.

Favorite Features

Dynamic Seats are great, a must have. H/C stereo upgrade is powerful. Nav is nice, easy to learn and use (not while driving!). Cup holders are a big improvement over past models. Power, power, quiet power....a real stealth muscle car with elegant design. Way too easy to cruise at 80+.

Suggested Improvements

Overall, I have had no problems or complaints. The ventilation could be quieter, since the car is so very quiet, you can hear it on medium and above. More choice of interior color would be nice. This one is charcoal, would like a dark, non black interior. The light colors show scuff marks easily.

Stay away from the airmatic suspension
By robert davis

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With 1500 miles on my new E class a red message came on the dash, "do not drive-stop the car now" The airmatic suspension failed and the car looked like a "low rider" I had the car towed and four days later it was repaired. The control module failed along with a few other things. This module is approx. $3000 , what a nice thought down the road. The brake pedal squeaked, the door trim is a light color with no door sill so it is always dirty, (replaced once), the wipers were noisy and chatter and Mercedes doesn't seem to know what to do. I had to put white lithium grease on them to stop the squeak. Noticed this when I went to pick up the car after four days in the shop. Stay away from MB .

Favorite Features

I like the keyless go except it is set up for Yuppies who don't know where there key is. The bell sounds when you get out, don't forget the key, mine is in my pocket. Very iritating.

Suggested Improvements

The 2006 has a door sill to cover the cloth on the door opening. No fix for the rest of us though. Poor design for a luxury car. Take out the chime on the keyless go. Fix the wipers, go to GM and see what they do, my GMC truck wipers are quiet as can be.

Best choice!
By benz

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am so glad that I had chosen this over Lexus. Sure Lexus is reliable, but very boring and unoriginal. Also, absolutely no problems ever! Not one! Only time I went to the dealership was to buy the car, and have it washed! I love the interior design and soft leather and seats!

Favorite Features

Everything, especially the power and reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!

Beautiful Car
By LDEITELL

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I tested everything including Infiniti M45, BMW 545 and Lexus 430. The Mercedes was far and away the most elegant. I bought the sport package, which gives dual exhaust, sport tuned suspension, and AMG wheels. The ride is firm, but not too hard on city streets, and performance on the winding canyon roads is awesome. I have a slight "clunk" in the stepdown from second to first gear which needs looking at. Other than that, it's the greatest car I have ever driven

Favorite Features

Road holding. Overall look of the vehicle

Suggested Improvements

I miss somewhere to rest my right elbow on the centre storage unit between seats. The wooden sliding cover is too hard to do so

Enjoy
By Hobgood

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd E-Class and without a doubt the best. Great reliability, good ride, better gas mileage, good responsiveness, and it's comfortable.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support on front seats could adjust more. The range is limited.