2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
My favorite Mercedes
By Cathy Weil on 06/12/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Mercedes purchase, first was the C230, second the S320, and now this model. While I enjoyed ownership of all previous Mercedes models, this sedan suits me the best. It is a perfect size and style. It is comfortable, yet fun to drive. The sound system provides great listening for my opera or rock CD's.

Pure Luxury
By Mr. Yu on 06/05/05 01:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is awesome! The powerful V8 is silky smooth with responsive handling making this car an absolute joy to drive. The interior feels like it was well made and solid with sexy styling. When you slide into the car you immediately get the feeling of "luxury". In addition, it's packed with plenty of convenience features, too many to list. Definitely the best sedan I've ever owned!

What's not to love???
By Ms. T W on 05/27/05 11:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Class and sass! After being loyal to BMW for the last 9 consecutive years, I didn't think MBenz could change me. After seeing, then driving the "05 E500 I was in love! I cannot believe all the luxury features in this vehicle from ventillated seats and seat heaters to seats that massage your lumbar area and power bolsters in the front seats that hug you at every turn! It drives very smooth and quiet (you almost forget the tiger under the hood). For the extra dollars the V8 cost over it's sister V6 version, it has proven to be more than worth it. Besides getting the obvious boost in HP, the V8 has features that are standard on it that would be an option on the V6. I truly adore this car!

My 11th mercedes
By tim everett on 04/15/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

i have owned my 05 E320 for six months and 13k miles. It is visually delightful-much more so than my 01 E 320-both inside and out. The car can best be described as seamless and unobtrusive. I own a ferrari and a zippy 911 which don't get much use because this car is so pleasant to drive. The power is very adequate, climate control is perfect, ride feels like an easy chair and the handling is nimble. I am on a three year lease and can't wait to get the E 350.

2005 Mercedes Benz E320
By Steve Lippert on 04/09/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Mercedes, and by far the very best I've ever owned. Comfort beyond expectations, styling in and outside the cabin is fantastic...a real head turner! This car is rock solid, regardless of the road. It never leaves me feeling like I'm not in total control. Performs without flaws. A real touring sedan.

E Class repeater
By Dave on 04/09/05 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second E Class, and I'm spoiled rotten. When you compare price vs. features and quality on other cars, the "base" E Class is a terrific value. Turning circle comparable to my kid's Jeep Wrangler.

Great value
By M Mazur-Kary on 04/09/05 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 E-320 4Matic has exceeded our expectations as a safe, stylish, comfortable automobile. Our harsh Maine winter showed us the value of the advanced lighting (bi-xenon), traction controls, excellent visibility and clean clothing as a result of the automatic trunk closure. The heated steering wheel was a safety feature during sub-zero temperatures, eliminating the need for bulky gloves for driving. As prior owners of the last 3 E Class styles, we feel the 2005 model is a cohesive step forward in style, safety and amenities over its predecessor.

Best car for all road conditions
By A. Neil Harvey on 04/09/05 07:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My E-320 handles very smoothly on wet roads, snow covered roads, and under normal conditions with regard to acceleration, maneuvering in and out of traffic, and stopping ability. It is the best car I have had as to smooth "shifting". On a recent trip of over 1000 miles I averaged 26.2/miles per gallon with an average speed of 64 miles per hour.

Sporty look with luxury and room
By Steve on 03/28/05 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had many Jaguars, BMWs and Mercedes Benz. Mercedes seems to engineer their cars to do many things without the driver having to think about it. Not a lot of switches and gadgets to adjust while driving. As an example, Jaguar and BMW offer rain sensing wipers too. Theirs don't work as well and have to be set. MB has it as the standard first spot on the switch and they work perfectly in all amounts of drizzle to downpour. The car is quick but quiet. It looks sporty from the outside (and handles curves well) but holds four 6' plus tall adults in comfort and quiet on a 300 mile drive. The interior size of the new E seems more like the S models of old.

The Best I've Had
By Mansam on 03/22/05 17:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 3 Acura's & they have been very "Tight." No problems at all but my New 320E has been even better! There hasn't been ONE Problem in almost 4000 miles! Very quiet, great power and style. My gas mileage is better than my Acura, getting about 22 mph in the city & about 28 highway!