Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

2005 E320 4matic Awesome Ride
By Raul

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car handles great and has been very reliable compare to what others have written about it. It has very good acceleration, gas mileage is decent and the interior/exterior design is fantastic. I love it. Black with beige interior two tone is luxury. Everybody looks when I drive. Aerodynamics is nothing but the best. Stereo could be a little louder but great sound anyway. Trust on this one change your transmission fluid...no such thing is lifetime. Don't get past 60k without changing fluid...you won't regret it. The interior lighting is a whole lot better than BMW. Tires should be rotated at least once a year because they are expensive. This is my life time car....would never sell it.

The electronics, handling, braking, slick design, wood dash is nice with dual climate control.

A louder standard stereo system, beige interior door molding a pain to keep clean, may a darker color would help and different material, navigation should be easier to use...wife doesn't like it. It should have a dipstick for Transmission and oil. That's silly.

2005 E 320 Sedan
By L Jaksetich

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic mileage,...drove 920 miles to Florida on less than two tanks of fuel!!! Great road car for comfort, speed & handling. Purchased car, used, 3 yrs old with less than 10K. Even performed well this past winter in driving for it's weight,....truly is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. This is my 4th Mercedes. Hope to drive it for a long time. Service is 2nd to none at my selling dealer.

Comfort, spaciousness,build quality.

Return of cassette player,...(I miss mine from 2004,...)

MOST FUN EVER
By shaun

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Let me start by saying this is one bad bad car(meaning great great car)Bought it with a strict budget in mind so i settled on a 2005 with call it 50 thousand miles.Black on black pd and i payed $31000 for this monster. Enough of that lets start with the fun aspect nothing i mean nothing will hang with this car the torque is just sensational i find myself looking the the lite to turn red so i can stop wait then lift off....whew it tough! I have owned the car for 2 weeks and not a problem yet,this car is all about the engine ,the interior is practical but my 04 745il was more plush driving position .JUST GO AND FIND A LOW MILE E55 AND HAVE FUN!!!!

EVERYTHING

NONE

My Final Benz!
By ed cooper

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have had 61 new cars in my life, and 8 M-B's before this. Clearly, this is the worst car ever owned and the worst Benz! When it wasn't in the shop or on the back of a truck headed to the shop -- which happened every 2 months or less -- it was excellent. The dealer tried to help, but he couldn't make a silk purse out of this sow's ear. Hopefully I can dump it before a potential buyer finds that it is a Consumer Reports "used car to avoid!" M-B has produced a real disaster, and was totally unwilling to even discuss assisting me with my problems beyond the now expired warranty. Maybe it's time to return to Japanese quality -- quality cars which have never let me down/left me stranded.

When it was good, it was very, very good. When it was bad, it was awful!

Sin no more! Never commit an atrocity like this again!

Never Again
By Vince

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The quality of these cars is not better than a Ford. For $73,000 I would have expected this car to be in the same league as a BMW or Lexus and it's not.

Keyless go, active ventilated seats, Sirius radio, and electronic trunk closer.

These cars have serious issues with the transmission. My car has spent months in for warranty work during my ownership. I would not recommend purchasing one of these vehicles. MB will not extend your warranty if you'd had a troublesome vehicle.