2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
E-Class CDI
By Bill on 01/28/07 07:29 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This auto is great. I drive on the road in sales, it is comfortable, and fun to drive. The pickup is outstanding, not what many think of when looking a a diesel, this one will push you back into the seat. Diesel fuel is not hard to find, one tip, carry a pair of plastic gloves to wear when refueling, keeps the diesel smell off of you and the auto.

Works for me
By Pitt diver on 01/19/07 12:21 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car. After owning it for 2.5 years, it's been in the shop once, for an oil change. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong. A very fast car with just the right balance between race car performance/handling and luxury tourist. Gas mileage on the highway going 75 mph with A/C on around 27 mpg and city around 16 mpg which is amazing considering the large fast engine.

My E500 AWD
By jm hilton on 11/21/06 10:15 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

A great automobile with plenty of power, excellent comfort, and good mileage on trips (22+ mpg). The drive dynamic seats, keyless go, parktronic and navigation systems are super. No failures in the 19 months/19000 miles.

2 in my garage
By oldgitsalesp on 11/19/06 20:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Having owned 7 MBZ's in total, we have finally come to where I can say this is the real deal. I like them so much, that I have two of these in my garage. A 2002 and 2005 for me. Yes, we are blessed! High maintenance cost, brakes/tires, but a once in a lifetime thrill. Everbody checks it out.

Great Stylish Ride
By Mercedes Buff on 11/08/06 13:45 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After the initial bugs [SRS Airbag waring sensor issues, and electrionic key ignition excitering failure] were worked out after the first 10 months, the car has been a pure joy!

Outstanding automobile
By Four door sedan on 10/23/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is my third MB. It is the best auto I have ever owned or driven. My wife and all who have driven it, rate it as the best drive and ride they have experienced. Mileage is fantastic. A 1000 mi. trip, with 900 miles of turnpike driving resulted in 35.9 mpg as measured with fill to cap to start and fill to cap at finish

The Best E Class I've had yet
By krudolph on 09/12/06 07:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've driven this car for two years, and it is the best E Class yet. It is fun to drive, and with four snow tires it is very good in the snow. I am going to get a E550 4Matic. I got 23 mpg on the highway with the air conditioner running and 16-17 mpg around town.

E320 wagon
By slo356 on 08/20/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

One of the better cars I have owned. Not as good as the '82 or '93 M/B sedans I purchased new way back when, but very good compared with what ever else is out there. Audi maybe the only other better car. I had an S4 Avant before this M/B Wagon and it was actually finished better, also much faster. The MB e320 wagon can acheive 28-29 mpg if you stick to 65-70 mph. Electric rear tailgate is a must!

Looks good, poor reliability
By TJR on 08/16/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but problems with the vehicle. SRS light on and fixed seven times, three leaks, the list goes on. And the most disappointing fact was the poor customer service I received. I was treated like an outcast and MB did not care about resolving the problems.

Best E Class Yet
By krudolph on 08/03/06 05:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a great car. Nothing has gone wrong with it. It is fantastic in the snow. I average 16 to 17 mpg around town and 25 to 27 mpg on the highwaway. Not bad for a car that can go 0-60 in 5 to 6 seconds. I'm going to get a 2007 model.