2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
2005 E320
By Cardriver on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellnt vehicle for a single or a family of 4. State-of-the-art safety features, make this a vehicle to consider if you are thinking about family safety. I purchased the E320 but wish I had purchased the E500 since it would be much faster and the one I have is so much fun to drive....more power would make it even more fun! Everyone who has ssen it or been insode has loved the car. Several friends like it better than the rather large S class. The upgraded harden/karden sound system is worth the extra costs as it is incredible! The Nav system is great if you need it (I do.) Satalite radio is also available. Overall, I am proud to drive the vehicle and other than the sexy SL I think it

Solid German tank
By gyndoc on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Our family has owned three MB diesels, one reaching 530K miles (Ford truck hit it, o/w would still be driving it). Safety was our primary reason for puchase, along with MB durability. This Benz is typical solidity, heft ad assurance. There is some diesel grunt to the engine,but at 80 mph, it's actually quiter tha the gasoline sister. Torque is breath taking.

My 1st Mercede's
By PADDYBOZZ on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving Lexus auto's for 12 years .I have changed due to wanting a german auto after driving porsche's. I tried e500 and it sooo nice , I will get one next year also . I trade every year . But what an auto ! I cant explain the difference , Between Lexus and Mercede's You have to drive one to experince it . Im sure you will agree . Paddybozz

Fast, fun and furious E555 AMG
By David Wishnew on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Blazingly fast, extremely comfortable and totally unflappable. Cruises easily at 40, 80 or 120 mph. Easier to drive at triple digit speed than my old Grand Sport Corvette. Seats very comfortable and infinitely adjustable. Sound system can use more wattage for high speed cruising with open sunroof. Outrageous cost for installed telephone. Transmission sometimes lurches a bit, but slapstick is easy to use and dropping two gears quickly is easier than with manual transmission. Surprisingly good gas mileage on highway driving, although difficult to keep to speed limit. I would definitely buy another

FUN, Fast and Luxurious
By mb59 on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Every time I get in my 2005 E320...I think..."I love my car!" I test drove everything in it's class, above and below and chose the Mercedes due to luxury, driveability and fun.

E class
By unknown50v on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I love the E class but sometimes its hard to fit in it becuse I'm 6'10 in height. I love the luxsury of the car but I wish it went faster I would love to bring my E 500 down to the track but I cant.

Benz Rules!
By J Meisner on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

What a Car! First Benz and am regretting didn't step up years ago. Genuine pleasure to drive, quiet in and out. Average fuel economy since start 30.3 mpg at average city/hiway speed of 53 mph. 0-60 in less than 7 sec., plenty of torque, incredible for a diesel. Would recommend this car to all.

A better car than I expected...
By usapete on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I had owned a 2002 Mercedes C240. All the news and great reviews on the new Diesel model caught my attention. I went for it. The 2002 C240 was a great car. I did not expect any car could get better - but the 2005 Mercedes E320 CDI Diesel is fantastic!

Best Ever!
By Gmesetmtch1 on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

After having driven this car for a few months and reflecting on my ownership experience with previously owned upscale sedans I have determined this is, by far, the best car I have ever had. Mercedes has done an excellent job of engineering and elimininating all the negatives one may have heard about a diesel car. I defy you to find a better combination of performance, luxury and value!

CLK + S Class = E500
By Steve of Georgia on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After facing the prospect of a second set of tires on my 2002 CLK430 in less than 20,000 miles, I took a test drive in an E500. I couldn't believe how quiet, powerful and luxurious it was. Less than two hours later, I was driving my new E500 home. From the 6CD Bose sound system, to the adjustable suspension, each drive reinforces the fact that this is by far, the best car I've ever owned. Negatives are few, but I really don't like the gas/temp gauges. The car is the best looking in its class, but I would recommend black, looks great from any angle!