Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Best choice!
By benz

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am so glad that I had chosen this over Lexus. Sure Lexus is reliable, but very boring and unoriginal. Also, absolutely no problems ever! Not one! Only time I went to the dealership was to buy the car, and have it washed! I love the interior design and soft leather and seats!

Everything, especially the power and reliability!

Nothing!

What's missing from this car? Not much.
By Sam

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Apart from having a few too many options for being an MB, this car is otherwise perfect. 369 ft/lbs torque at 1800rpm... 0-60 in 6.6 (I timed it twice).. and passing power like the best sports cars I've driven. All with 37mpg (observed by me). Built like a tank, safest sedan sold in the US (IIHS Study).. Mercedes Benz build quality and materials..

The I-6 diesel

Comand screen needs more info like clock and date, or more GPS data, like speed etc..

E320 CDI Review
By Scott

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased my 2005 CDI in March. It's a great car! Powerful, great mileage and range, and very quiet at cruise. I get bored with cars quickly, but can see myself driving this one for a while. I wish it had bluetooth - Mercedes needs to get busy with this option. I thought I would not appreciate the dynamic seats, but wow...they really help with support taking aggressive corners. If you are going to purchase an E-Class, this is the one to get.

Dynamic seats. Navigation is good. Stereo is adequate...I got the updgrade. Tons of trunk storage. I know the older drink holders were not so great, but the new ones in the console are actually very nice.

Like it as is

Beautiful Car
By LDEITELL

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I tested everything including Infiniti M45, BMW 545 and Lexus 430. The Mercedes was far and away the most elegant. I bought the sport package, which gives dual exhaust, sport tuned suspension, and AMG wheels. The ride is firm, but not too hard on city streets, and performance on the winding canyon roads is awesome. I have a slight "clunk" in the stepdown from second to first gear which needs looking at. Other than that, it's the greatest car I have ever driven

Road holding. Overall look of the vehicle

I miss somewhere to rest my right elbow on the centre storage unit between seats. The wooden sliding cover is too hard to do so

MB E320 CDI
By RBinford

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We had a 2002 Mercedes C230 prior to this vehicle and it was wonderful. However, after having a child we decided that we needed a larger car. We looked at all of the different models of the E-Class and decided after driving all and talking with our sales rep that the 2005 E320 CDI was our best option. We haven't regreted it one moment.

The great fuel economy (gets at least 650 miles per tank before we have to refill).

None