2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
cdi
By pag100 on 12/01/04 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is the finest mb. What a car!!!

Love this car
By richbpa on 11/16/04 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

First the buying experience was exceptional & flawless. I live in NE PA & vehicle availabilty as well as professional salesmanship are not available. I also own an 04' C-240 4-Matic which led us to the E Class. My wife & I are both extatic with these two vehicles. I feel safe in these cars. They handle exceptionally well. Not a single problem with either. The size of the E vs. the C makes it firmer. The C is awesome in winter driving and look forward to the experience wthis winter with the E. DVD Nav is awesome. Wouldn't change a thing on my E. I traded an 03' Lexus ES300 which I liked, but the E is better. "I just love this car"

This can't be a diesel
By canfield on 11/16/04 19:47 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Remarkably quiet, incredibly powerful and fun to drive. This is my first new Mercedes, bought with the idea it will have to last several years. I don't think I'll be disappointed. I'm 6'6'' tall and look forward to long trips in this car. It's that comfortable and a joy to drive.

After first year - BEWARE
By Jeff C. on 11/15/04 19:00 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a warning to anyone looking for a 2004 or 2005 E320. It is well known in the auto world about the problems with this model and Mercedes in general right now. It is basically an electronic nightmare. Since January of 2004, I have had the following replaced - rear door lock, instrument cluster (in speedometer), brain for the Dynamic Seats, 2- rain sensors, Command Center/GPS, 6 CD-player, brake issues. All of this in 11 months! It is a beautiful car and rides wonderfully and has some neat extras but you really need to think hard before buying this car. This is my first Mercedes and after paying $57,000 I am at a loss for words. Please take my words to heart - BEWARE.

E55 AMG
By Kanals on 11/15/04 05:16 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

excellent car...nothing gets better than this..A class of its own.. E55 Amg. Status..elegance..style..performance..all in one.

Quality
By bistein on 11/11/04 14:27 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Rebuilt transmission twice, numerous electrical issues, new shocks & struts within the first year. No service dealer.

My Dream Car
By AL3AMEED on 11/07/04 21:49 PM (PST)

A Classic Car...Very Elegance Car...Enjoyable Ride

E320 Diesel Rocks
By Rich Birckbichler on 11/06/04 14:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Love drive and feel. Get 600 miles + per tank which really saves time at the pump (and cash). Car simply looks classy, even when dirty. Issues w/known quality problems with power window mechanism. Both rear windows became disconnected, the right side twice. Dealer says Mercedes knows, but they have not found fix. Car stalls when gas is pressed to far which is an issue for pulling into traffic. Fog lights have an inherent fault as does the A/C sensor on the outside. Bumber cover for winter heater plug and tow ring falls off and is expensive to replace. However, no other car beats its styling, so faults can be overlooked.

Hands down the best!
By CQ on 11/04/04 20:27 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has it all, style, performance, luxury, with the AMG sports package... this car does turn heads!

Mercedes E55 AMG
By Finley on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

We bought this magnificent auto, and I love it. Great pick up, yet very stylish and comfortable.