Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Stay away from the airmatic suspension
By robert davis

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With 1500 miles on my new E class a red message came on the dash, "do not drive-stop the car now" The airmatic suspension failed and the car looked like a "low rider" I had the car towed and four days later it was repaired. The control module failed along with a few other things. This module is approx. $3000 , what a nice thought down the road. The brake pedal squeaked, the door trim is a light color with no door sill so it is always dirty, (replaced once), the wipers were noisy and chatter and Mercedes doesn't seem to know what to do. I had to put white lithium grease on them to stop the squeak. Noticed this when I went to pick up the car after four days in the shop. Stay away from MB .

I like the keyless go except it is set up for Yuppies who don't know where there key is. The bell sounds when you get out, don't forget the key, mine is in my pocket. Very iritating.

The 2006 has a door sill to cover the cloth on the door opening. No fix for the rest of us though. Poor design for a luxury car. Take out the chime on the keyless go. Fix the wipers, go to GM and see what they do, my GMC truck wipers are quiet as can be.

Finally
By Loren

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

A sedan that sends most sports car owners running to their therapists. Just incredible to haul groceries in comfort, and humiliate most Porsches at the same time.

Engine, engine, engine... did I say engine?

Even better handling and BMW is out of business.

Best choice!
By benz

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am so glad that I had chosen this over Lexus. Sure Lexus is reliable, but very boring and unoriginal. Also, absolutely no problems ever! Not one! Only time I went to the dealership was to buy the car, and have it washed! I love the interior design and soft leather and seats!

Everything, especially the power and reliability!

Nothing!

What's missing from this car? Not much.
By Sam

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Apart from having a few too many options for being an MB, this car is otherwise perfect. 369 ft/lbs torque at 1800rpm... 0-60 in 6.6 (I timed it twice).. and passing power like the best sports cars I've driven. All with 37mpg (observed by me). Built like a tank, safest sedan sold in the US (IIHS Study).. Mercedes Benz build quality and materials..

The I-6 diesel

Comand screen needs more info like clock and date, or more GPS data, like speed etc..

E320 CDI Review
By Scott

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased my 2005 CDI in March. It's a great car! Powerful, great mileage and range, and very quiet at cruise. I get bored with cars quickly, but can see myself driving this one for a while. I wish it had bluetooth - Mercedes needs to get busy with this option. I thought I would not appreciate the dynamic seats, but wow...they really help with support taking aggressive corners. If you are going to purchase an E-Class, this is the one to get.

Dynamic seats. Navigation is good. Stereo is adequate...I got the updgrade. Tons of trunk storage. I know the older drink holders were not so great, but the new ones in the console are actually very nice.

Like it as is