Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

I love my E500
By Rob D.

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. I have owned Hummer H2's Lexus LS400 and SC430's, Cadillac DeVille's, MB c240's etc. The E500 is by far the best I have owned. It's fast as hell ( my best 1/4 mile time is 13.9 at 102mph with a few chips) smooth riding, great pickup sexy looks and extreme attitude. You can't mess with this car it messes with you!

My panoramic roof, sound system, and of course AWD

None

Teutonic Elegance.....but will it last?
By Don Levison

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I both love the car. Although a utilitarian vehicle, we sometimes think we're driving a sports car. The interior comfort, ride and handling can't be beat. Our car was described by Mercedes technicians and sales reps as "bullet proof". Mechanically, it has been, but if only they had kept the electronics simple and more reliable. The car regularly flashes inappropriate warning lights on the dash, emits "beeps" while driving with no known reason and the satellite radio has been erratic and unreliable. To check the oil level, you need to access the owners manual and go through a series of commands to reach the correct screen. Overall, a great car. We just hope it holds up.

This car is a dream to drive and with the sport package, 4-matic and low-profile tires, it hugs the road like a Ferrari. My wife loves the dynamic front seats which are heated, puff up to provide lateral support on hard turns and even massage your back while driving. Car is beautifully designed.

I would like to minimize the computers. Navigation system only so-so for a high-end wagon. Front passenger seat can't be adjusted with the rear seat down...German engineering?

E320 wagon
By slo356

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

One of the better cars I have owned. Not as good as the '82 or '93 M/B sedans I purchased new way back when, but very good compared with what ever else is out there. Audi maybe the only other better car. I had an S4 Avant before this M/B Wagon and it was actually finished better, also much faster. The MB e320 wagon can acheive 28-29 mpg if you stick to 65-70 mph. Electric rear tailgate is a must!

Happy with E320 wagon
By slo456

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 Rwd 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This has turned out to be an excellent purchase choice for a luxury car. Went with a wagon instead of a sedan and very happy to have done so. Much more flexible, better ride and handling. Constant 24 to 26 mpg on daily 30 mile freeway commute. Best mileage on long trips around 28 to 29 mpg. The electric rear tailgate door is a must. Makes grocery trips and other loading with hands full a breeze. Very comfortable ride and handling in town and out on the open road.

Rear electric tailgate, fuel mileage, ride and reliability.

Colors of interior and exterior limited for my tastes. More plastic parts than I normally like. Lumbar support did not come in both front seats for some reason.

Best car I've ever owned
By beachbumm

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagon E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second E-320. Both are fine cars, but the 2005 is clearly the superior machine. I think the best one-word description for this car is "precision". It is fun to drive and does exactly what I expect. In the first six months of ownership there have been no problems at all. Having suffered quality issues in recent years, Mercedes has returned to the high standards of old with a car which seems nearly bulletproof.

This car is such finely integrated equipment, both functionally and aesthetically, that it is difficult to isolate its attributes. I wish everyone had one of these.