2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Never Again
By Vince on 12/21/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The quality of these cars is not better than a Ford. For $73,000 I would have expected this car to be in the same league as a BMW or Lexus and it's not.

Still fast and a headturner after 4 yrs.
By Ernest C on 11/16/08 23:03 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After leasing my 2005 E500, I decided to keep it. And I don't regret it. I love this car! It's black with chrome wheels and gets a lot of attention. I have not had any major problems. Other than the scheduled maintenance, I took it in for an AC glitch. I love the luxury equipments that came standard. From the GPS and satellite to the pulsating seats and xenon headlamps. And this bad boy gets excellent gas mileage. I averaged 29.6 mpg on the highway last month, on a trip to San Francisco. City epa averages around 18- 20 mpg. I'll be keeping this till the next E Class comes out.

Works for me
By Pitt diver on 01/19/07 12:21 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car. After owning it for 2.5 years, it's been in the shop once, for an oil change. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong. A very fast car with just the right balance between race car performance/handling and luxury tourist. Gas mileage on the highway going 75 mph with A/C on around 27 mpg and city around 16 mpg which is amazing considering the large fast engine.

Great Stylish Ride
By Mercedes Buff on 11/08/06 13:45 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After the initial bugs [SRS Airbag waring sensor issues, and electrionic key ignition excitering failure] were worked out after the first 10 months, the car has been a pure joy!

Good Solid Car
By ALEX on 06/27/06 05:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is a good solid family sedan. We special ordered the E500 with all the options( only missing is the distronic feature) Car has been trouble free for past two years. Keyless Go option is very nice to have, that you only need to carry the key with you in the pocket and you can open the car door and turn the ignition on without ever turning the key. Seats are very comfortable ( esp with dynamic seats, which automatically puts air into selective located area of seats when you turn the car in high speed for comfort" like G- suits in fighter jets" Engine is smooth and planty power with 7 speed transmission. wiht 305 HP engine passing is effortless and smooth and quiet overall.

2005 500E
By MikeMoore on 06/01/06 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I've owned this vehicle for about 9 months now and the longer I own it and drive it the more I'm enjoying it. I've averaged up to 28 mpg on the highway at speeds to 70 mph. The ride is very comfortable. The suspension is a little firm but that's why I bought the 500 and not the 350. The xenon light are incredible and the handling is as one would expect from such a car, the acceleration is almost as good as my 911. My only complaints are that the glove box is a little small to be very useful, and the seats are a little hard to put in a comfortable position, maybe to many adjustments. I've had only one small problem with the electrical system which was fixed under warranty. Excellent

Longing for a Lexus
By Mistake in Philly on 04/24/06 11:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have a '05 E500 sedan and wagon (4- matic) The sedan has been a problem since day one. The wagon has been a joy to own and since it is my wife's I don't get it that often. The sedan's brakes have been and continue to be an issue. The electronic brake system needs to be trashed. After numerous trips back to the dealer due to the hydralic pump activating for no reason, the system was finally replaced. The brakes have been squeaking even after 2 "treatments". The wipers "stink on ice". In addition, it is not as quick as my wagon. There is a noticeable lag in acceleration. I am truly disappointed in this car-- especially for the price. Thank God I leased it. Mercedes can have it back.

What a great car
By Mike Mas on 01/07/06 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned this car for about 4 months and I am enjoying it more everyday. I have been averaging about 17 mpg in the city and 27mpg on the highway (@75mph). I think this amazing considering the 5 liter V-8. Fit and finish like none other. Dealer service is A+. I am planning to buy one for my wife.

Wonderful Ride
By Ohio Driver on 07/27/05 14:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Recently purchased the E500 at several thousand under dealer invoice. This car is fantastic. It has great power, comfort, and with the adjustable suspension, a great ride for any occasion. The dynamic seats are a feature I'll never be without again. The mileage is good considering the power and my heavy foot. Better than 27 mpg highway and 22 overall per the onboard computer. Navigation makes driving in new places a breeze. Takes the guess work out of knowing where you are. The transmission is smooth, but the brakes are a bit touchy. Takes a while to get used to them. My other car is a C320 and it now feels slugish by comparison.

Best choice!
By benz on 06/30/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am so glad that I had chosen this over Lexus. Sure Lexus is reliable, but very boring and unoriginal. Also, absolutely no problems ever! Not one! Only time I went to the dealership was to buy the car, and have it washed! I love the interior design and soft leather and seats!