2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Merc E320 4Matic is the best
By bostonmerce320 on 07/05/12 11:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Initially , i use to be a big fan of Audi as i owned one , heavy weight and great dynamics i thought could not get better than Audi. But once i sat in E320 4matic i just loved interior and bought it without second thought. It never turned down my expectations. Once i was driving in New England Storm i took exit for gas and got stuck in 3 foot snow. But i now my merc can handle it like nothing , i switched to Sport mode and press the pedal it jumped of the heavy snow like a tiger everybody around just baffled as they shoveling hard to get their car out of snow. I can drive 50 miles an hour on ramps like nothing . I drove from Pittsburgh to Boston with 31.5 MPG , Jap owners went jealous..:)

2005 E320 4matic Awesome Ride
By Raul on 11/13/09 10:15 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car handles great and has been very reliable compare to what others have written about it. It has very good acceleration, gas mileage is decent and the interior/exterior design is fantastic. I love it. Black with beige interior two tone is luxury. Everybody looks when I drive. Aerodynamics is nothing but the best. Stereo could be a little louder but great sound anyway. Trust on this one change your transmission fluid...no such thing is lifetime. Don't get past 60k without changing fluid...you won't regret it. The interior lighting is a whole lot better than BMW. Tires should be rotated at least once a year because they are expensive. This is my life time car....would never sell it.

Stay away from E320: Poorest quality
By Jerry on 07/01/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

More problems than you can imagine with the computer, buttons falling off, phone not working. Worst navigation system (Acura & Lexus are better -- I have both). Car had a sticker of $62K new with options. Could have bought four Hundays for that. Made the mistake of buying the SCAM of an extended warranty when the original warranty expired. Nothing but excuses as to why something isn't covered. Hands free phone that came with car doesn't work. Now they are saying it's "trim" and not covered. Do yourself a favor and buy a Lexus. That's what I'm going to do. Mercedes "Summer of Love". Give me a break!

Looks good, poor reliability
By TJR on 08/16/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but problems with the vehicle. SRS light on and fixed seven times, three leaks, the list goes on. And the most disappointing fact was the poor customer service I received. I was treated like an outcast and MB did not care about resolving the problems.

I got the lemon
By ed on 12/14/05 10:13 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing but problems since day 2 of ownership. The first 30 days car was in shop for repairs 33% of the time.

Great value
By M Mazur-Kary on 04/09/05 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 E-320 4Matic has exceeded our expectations as a safe, stylish, comfortable automobile. Our harsh Maine winter showed us the value of the advanced lighting (bi-xenon), traction controls, excellent visibility and clean clothing as a result of the automatic trunk closure. The heated steering wheel was a safety feature during sub-zero temperatures, eliminating the need for bulky gloves for driving. As prior owners of the last 3 E Class styles, we feel the 2005 model is a cohesive step forward in style, safety and amenities over its predecessor.

Best car for all road conditions
By A. Neil Harvey on 04/09/05 07:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My E-320 handles very smoothly on wet roads, snow covered roads, and under normal conditions with regard to acceleration, maneuvering in and out of traffic, and stopping ability. It is the best car I have had as to smooth "shifting". On a recent trip of over 1000 miles I averaged 26.2/miles per gallon with an average speed of 64 miles per hour.

Sporty look with luxury and room
By Steve on 03/28/05 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had many Jaguars, BMWs and Mercedes Benz. Mercedes seems to engineer their cars to do many things without the driver having to think about it. Not a lot of switches and gadgets to adjust while driving. As an example, Jaguar and BMW offer rain sensing wipers too. Theirs don't work as well and have to be set. MB has it as the standard first spot on the switch and they work perfectly in all amounts of drizzle to downpour. The car is quick but quiet. It looks sporty from the outside (and handles curves well) but holds four 6' plus tall adults in comfort and quiet on a 300 mile drive. The interior size of the new E seems more like the S models of old.

E320 4Matic
By Doug Pruitt on 01/27/05 14:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a Ford Expedition with a CLK 430 then an E320. Huge improvement in quality, ride, fuel economy, etc.

On the one
By howj1 on 01/19/05 13:55 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of shopping around before I chose the E-class Mercedes. I don't feel that I could have found a better car for me. It's classy, but yet sporty at the same time. The sleek lines in its design, make the E-class a true eye catcher. I'm truly happy.