Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Merc E320 4Matic is the best
By bostonmerce320

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Initially , i use to be a big fan of Audi as i owned one , heavy weight and great dynamics i thought could not get better than Audi. But once i sat in E320 4matic i just loved interior and bought it without second thought. It never turned down my expectations. Once i was driving in New England Storm i took exit for gas and got stuck in 3 foot snow. But i now my merc can handle it like nothing , i switched to Sport mode and press the pedal it jumped of the heavy snow like a tiger everybody around just baffled as they shoveling hard to get their car out of snow. I can drive 50 miles an hour on ramps like nothing . I drove from Pittsburgh to Boston with 31.5 MPG , Jap owners went jealous..:)

Favorite Features

Each and Everything.

Suggested Improvements

None.Aboslute master piece.

Bad decision from start to finish
By Victoria

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a certified pre-owned 2005 E320 from a VERY reputable Mercedes dealership in North Carolina. It was the worst decision I have ever made. I fell in love with the appearance of the car, the dynamic Italian leather seats, navigation etc. Unfortunately, it doesn't run properly. In addition to regularly scheduled maintenance, the Mercedes service department (at two separate dealerships) has had my car in for "repair" EIGHTEEN times. In two years. No joke. It has a stalling issue that Mercedes trained and qualified service technicians cannot fix. It supposedly does not generate any error codes when it does this, so Mercedes can't fix it and I'm stuck with it. BEWARE!

Favorite Features

BEAUTIFUL interior, "dynamic seats" that pulse and move when you turn, the automatic headrests in the back, Automatic sunshade on the back window, Harmon Kardon sound system

Suggested Improvements

Figure out why it stalls for no reason. I would love to drive it on a regular basis.

I love my MB 05 E320
By VA-DC Driver

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We have been completely happy with our purchase. Owned it 3 years at this point, bought it 2 yrs old with 27k miles (cert preowned buy). It now has 72k. Sold my 04 C320Wagon (that we also loved) and bought the E Dont buy a Benz if you dont want to pay the premiums for servicing. This isn't a car for those who like to change their own oil. My Ford bought new and now same miles -yes cheaper to take care of but way way less of a vehicle. Changed brakes and tires at same intervel w Ford. I was warned by non Benz owners (jealous?) about alleged electronics issues but after 3 yrs haven't had any probs.

Favorite Features

Automatic mode for most driving, but for those windy roads it lets you get your thrills by manually shifting gears (merely tapping the shift to up or down gears). Pure luxury ride. Comfort, power, mega safety for my wife and kids. Completely recommend.

Suggested Improvements

Previous Benz had a Bose stereo system- prefer that to the Harmon Kardon.

Beware of Certified Pre-Owned
By KGinthedesert

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I lost a BMW 528 in an accident and needed a car. Found this sharp platinum blue / parchment E320 with chrome wheels. After one week, the brake problems started. I've had the car a year and the break problems went away for one week when something else broke. I took it in to have the other problem fixed and the brakes were bad again. The certified warranty is up and so is my luck. I'll not only never buy from this dealer, but won't buy a Benz again.

Appearance

Suggested Improvements

Change wheel bearings and ALWAYS use ceramic brake pads

2005 E320 4matic Awesome Ride
By Raul

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car handles great and has been very reliable compare to what others have written about it. It has very good acceleration, gas mileage is decent and the interior/exterior design is fantastic. I love it. Black with beige interior two tone is luxury. Everybody looks when I drive. Aerodynamics is nothing but the best. Stereo could be a little louder but great sound anyway. Trust on this one change your transmission fluid...no such thing is lifetime. Don't get past 60k without changing fluid...you won't regret it. The interior lighting is a whole lot better than BMW. Tires should be rotated at least once a year because they are expensive. This is my life time car....would never sell it.

Favorite Features

The electronics, handling, braking, slick design, wood dash is nice with dual climate control.

Suggested Improvements

A louder standard stereo system, beige interior door molding a pain to keep clean, may a darker color would help and different material, navigation should be easier to use...wife doesn't like it. It should have a dipstick for Transmission and oil. That's silly.