2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Merc E320 4Matic is the best
By bostonmerce320 on 07/05/12 11:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Initially , i use to be a big fan of Audi as i owned one , heavy weight and great dynamics i thought could not get better than Audi. But once i sat in E320 4matic i just loved interior and bought it without second thought. It never turned down my expectations. Once i was driving in New England Storm i took exit for gas and got stuck in 3 foot snow. But i now my merc can handle it like nothing , i switched to Sport mode and press the pedal it jumped of the heavy snow like a tiger everybody around just baffled as they shoveling hard to get their car out of snow. I can drive 50 miles an hour on ramps like nothing . I drove from Pittsburgh to Boston with 31.5 MPG , Jap owners went jealous..:)

Bad decision from start to finish
By Victoria on 07/05/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a certified pre-owned 2005 E320 from a VERY reputable Mercedes dealership in North Carolina. It was the worst decision I have ever made. I fell in love with the appearance of the car, the dynamic Italian leather seats, navigation etc. Unfortunately, it doesn't run properly. In addition to regularly scheduled maintenance, the Mercedes service department (at two separate dealerships) has had my car in for "repair" EIGHTEEN times. In two years. No joke. It has a stalling issue that Mercedes trained and qualified service technicians cannot fix. It supposedly does not generate any error codes when it does this, so Mercedes can't fix it and I'm stuck with it. BEWARE!

I love my MB 05 E320
By VA-DC Driver on 06/17/10 12:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We have been completely happy with our purchase. Owned it 3 years at this point, bought it 2 yrs old with 27k miles (cert preowned buy). It now has 72k. Sold my 04 C320Wagon (that we also loved) and bought the E Dont buy a Benz if you dont want to pay the premiums for servicing. This isn't a car for those who like to change their own oil. My Ford bought new and now same miles -yes cheaper to take care of but way way less of a vehicle. Changed brakes and tires at same intervel w Ford. I was warned by non Benz owners (jealous?) about alleged electronics issues but after 3 yrs haven't had any probs.

Beware of Certified Pre-Owned
By KGinthedesert on 01/03/10 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I lost a BMW 528 in an accident and needed a car. Found this sharp platinum blue / parchment E320 with chrome wheels. After one week, the brake problems started. I've had the car a year and the break problems went away for one week when something else broke. I took it in to have the other problem fixed and the brakes were bad again. The certified warranty is up and so is my luck. I'll not only never buy from this dealer, but won't buy a Benz again.

2005 E320 4matic Awesome Ride
By Raul on 11/13/09 10:15 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car handles great and has been very reliable compare to what others have written about it. It has very good acceleration, gas mileage is decent and the interior/exterior design is fantastic. I love it. Black with beige interior two tone is luxury. Everybody looks when I drive. Aerodynamics is nothing but the best. Stereo could be a little louder but great sound anyway. Trust on this one change your transmission fluid...no such thing is lifetime. Don't get past 60k without changing fluid...you won't regret it. The interior lighting is a whole lot better than BMW. Tires should be rotated at least once a year because they are expensive. This is my life time car....would never sell it.

2005 E 320 Sedan
By L Jaksetich on 04/22/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic mileage,...drove 920 miles to Florida on less than two tanks of fuel!!! Great road car for comfort, speed & handling. Purchased car, used, 3 yrs old with less than 10K. Even performed well this past winter in driving for it's weight,....truly is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. This is my 4th Mercedes. Hope to drive it for a long time. Service is 2nd to none at my selling dealer.

Never Again
By Vince on 12/21/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The quality of these cars is not better than a Ford. For $73,000 I would have expected this car to be in the same league as a BMW or Lexus and it's not.

Still fast and a headturner after 4 yrs.
By Ernest C on 11/16/08 23:03 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After leasing my 2005 E500, I decided to keep it. And I don't regret it. I love this car! It's black with chrome wheels and gets a lot of attention. I have not had any major problems. Other than the scheduled maintenance, I took it in for an AC glitch. I love the luxury equipments that came standard. From the GPS and satellite to the pulsating seats and xenon headlamps. And this bad boy gets excellent gas mileage. I averaged 29.6 mpg on the highway last month, on a trip to San Francisco. City epa averages around 18- 20 mpg. I'll be keeping this till the next E Class comes out.

Stay away from E320: Poorest quality
By Jerry on 07/01/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

More problems than you can imagine with the computer, buttons falling off, phone not working. Worst navigation system (Acura & Lexus are better -- I have both). Car had a sticker of $62K new with options. Could have bought four Hundays for that. Made the mistake of buying the SCAM of an extended warranty when the original warranty expired. Nothing but excuses as to why something isn't covered. Hands free phone that came with car doesn't work. Now they are saying it's "trim" and not covered. Do yourself a favor and buy a Lexus. That's what I'm going to do. Mercedes "Summer of Love". Give me a break!

Works for me
By Pitt diver on 01/19/07 12:21 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car. After owning it for 2.5 years, it's been in the shop once, for an oil change. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong. A very fast car with just the right balance between race car performance/handling and luxury tourist. Gas mileage on the highway going 75 mph with A/C on around 27 mpg and city around 16 mpg which is amazing considering the large fast engine.