Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

MOST FUN EVER
By shaun

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Let me start by saying this is one bad bad car(meaning great great car)Bought it with a strict budget in mind so i settled on a 2005 with call it 50 thousand miles.Black on black pd and i payed $31000 for this monster. Enough of that lets start with the fun aspect nothing i mean nothing will hang with this car the torque is just sensational i find myself looking the the lite to turn red so i can stop wait then lift off....whew it tough! I have owned the car for 2 weeks and not a problem yet,this car is all about the engine ,the interior is practical but my 04 745il was more plush driving position .JUST GO AND FIND A LOW MILE E55 AND HAVE FUN!!!!

EVERYTHING

NONE

Not as impressed
By greg

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I went from an Audi S4 to my E55 and have to say I am really disappointed with the MB. It is a great car, fast as can be but doesn't compare with the Audi. The handling and build quality of the MB aren't up to the Audi standards which was a let down.

The motor

Handles like my dad's Buick.

2 in my garage
By oldgitsalesp

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Having owned 7 MBZ's in total, we have finally come to where I can say this is the real deal. I like them so much, that I have two of these in my garage. A 2002 and 2005 for me. Yes, we are blessed! High maintenance cost, brakes/tires, but a once in a lifetime thrill. Everbody checks it out.

The engine!

Fix the electronic seat thingy

My Dream Car!
By W. MOrris

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

In just 14 months, I worked my way up the AMG ladder. I went from a 2004 C 32 to the 2005 C55 to the awesome 2005 E 55. All cars were brand new. My E 55 is the ultimate in performance, looks, and power. I have never been denied by the engine when I demand more power. It is always there. The E 55 is not a large car. It rides beautifully, easy to maneuver and park yet has all the characteristics of a small sports car. It is tight, is a breeze to control especially with the adjustable air ride. I took it on a trip to California from BC and had a ball. Passing was joy. It was over before you knew it. My dream car, the E 55 will satisfy my needs for many years to come.

Peformance, classic looks, audio system is great, navigation package works really well.

Seats could be more comfortable (softer)

Rocket sled
By Attorney Scott

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I traded in a C6 Corvette because I didn't like getting pulled over every other day by cops wanting to eyeball it. This is much more discreet, until one notices the four tailpipes and V8 Kompressor badges. It corners more confidently in high-speed sweepers than the Vette did, and accelerates just as hard, even harder in roll-on acceleration. I notice other reviewers have given it high marks in fuel economy - not me, I average about 11 mpg.

469 horsepower, 516 lb/ft. torque. Keyless Go. Adjustability of the instrument display. Massive 8-piston front calipers and cross-drilled discs. Airmatic suspension. Alcantara headliner.

Stereo is lousy - Mercedes needs to catch up with Lexus in this area - my old $34K IS300 had a much, much better stereo than this $90K Benz. Seats could be a little more comfortable, and the heaters don't get warm enough. Needs run flats and tire monitoring standard.