Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

The true family hauler!
By gandeesinla

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Wagon (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

With room for seven and nearly 500 hundred horsepower this wagon delivers a safe and fun experience for up to seven passengers. This car is very expensive new but is a serious piece of engineering. It's luxurious and fun to drive and looks subdued but sporty. It's a sleeper....

Favorite Features

Keyless Entry & Push button start Power & Handling Solid Mercedes build quality and weight Paddle Shifters Interior comfort and quality

MOST FUN EVER
By shaun

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Let me start by saying this is one bad bad car(meaning great great car)Bought it with a strict budget in mind so i settled on a 2005 with call it 50 thousand miles.Black on black pd and i payed $31000 for this monster. Enough of that lets start with the fun aspect nothing i mean nothing will hang with this car the torque is just sensational i find myself looking the the lite to turn red so i can stop wait then lift off....whew it tough! I have owned the car for 2 weeks and not a problem yet,this car is all about the engine ,the interior is practical but my 04 745il was more plush driving position .JUST GO AND FIND A LOW MILE E55 AND HAVE FUN!!!!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Not as impressed
By greg

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I went from an Audi S4 to my E55 and have to say I am really disappointed with the MB. It is a great car, fast as can be but doesn't compare with the Audi. The handling and build quality of the MB aren't up to the Audi standards which was a let down.

Favorite Features

The motor

Suggested Improvements

Handles like my dad's Buick.

2 in my garage
By oldgitsalesp

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Having owned 7 MBZ's in total, we have finally come to where I can say this is the real deal. I like them so much, that I have two of these in my garage. A 2002 and 2005 for me. Yes, we are blessed! High maintenance cost, brakes/tires, but a once in a lifetime thrill. Everbody checks it out.

Favorite Features

The engine!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electronic seat thingy

My Dream Car!
By W. MOrris

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

In just 14 months, I worked my way up the AMG ladder. I went from a 2004 C 32 to the 2005 C55 to the awesome 2005 E 55. All cars were brand new. My E 55 is the ultimate in performance, looks, and power. I have never been denied by the engine when I demand more power. It is always there. The E 55 is not a large car. It rides beautifully, easy to maneuver and park yet has all the characteristics of a small sports car. It is tight, is a breeze to control especially with the adjustable air ride. I took it on a trip to California from BC and had a ball. Passing was joy. It was over before you knew it. My dream car, the E 55 will satisfy my needs for many years to come.

Favorite Features

Peformance, classic looks, audio system is great, navigation package works really well.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be more comfortable (softer)