Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

The true family hauler!
By gandeesinla

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Wagon (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

With room for seven and nearly 500 hundred horsepower this wagon delivers a safe and fun experience for up to seven passengers. This car is very expensive new but is a serious piece of engineering. It's luxurious and fun to drive and looks subdued but sporty. It's a sleeper....

Keyless Entry & Push button start Power & Handling Solid Mercedes build quality and weight Paddle Shifters Interior comfort and quality

MOST FUN EVER
By shaun

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Let me start by saying this is one bad bad car(meaning great great car)Bought it with a strict budget in mind so i settled on a 2005 with call it 50 thousand miles.Black on black pd and i payed $31000 for this monster. Enough of that lets start with the fun aspect nothing i mean nothing will hang with this car the torque is just sensational i find myself looking the the lite to turn red so i can stop wait then lift off....whew it tough! I have owned the car for 2 weeks and not a problem yet,this car is all about the engine ,the interior is practical but my 04 745il was more plush driving position .JUST GO AND FIND A LOW MILE E55 AND HAVE FUN!!!!

EVERYTHING

NONE

Not as impressed
By greg

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I went from an Audi S4 to my E55 and have to say I am really disappointed with the MB. It is a great car, fast as can be but doesn't compare with the Audi. The handling and build quality of the MB aren't up to the Audi standards which was a let down.

The motor

Handles like my dad's Buick.

2 in my garage
By oldgitsalesp

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Having owned 7 MBZ's in total, we have finally come to where I can say this is the real deal. I like them so much, that I have two of these in my garage. A 2002 and 2005 for me. Yes, we are blessed! High maintenance cost, brakes/tires, but a once in a lifetime thrill. Everbody checks it out.

The engine!

Fix the electronic seat thingy

My Dream Car!
By W. MOrris

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

In just 14 months, I worked my way up the AMG ladder. I went from a 2004 C 32 to the 2005 C55 to the awesome 2005 E 55. All cars were brand new. My E 55 is the ultimate in performance, looks, and power. I have never been denied by the engine when I demand more power. It is always there. The E 55 is not a large car. It rides beautifully, easy to maneuver and park yet has all the characteristics of a small sports car. It is tight, is a breeze to control especially with the adjustable air ride. I took it on a trip to California from BC and had a ball. Passing was joy. It was over before you knew it. My dream car, the E 55 will satisfy my needs for many years to come.

Peformance, classic looks, audio system is great, navigation package works really well.

Seats could be more comfortable (softer)