2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
MOST FUN EVER
By shaun on 03/27/09 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Let me start by saying this is one bad bad car(meaning great great car)Bought it with a strict budget in mind so i settled on a 2005 with call it 50 thousand miles.Black on black pd and i payed $31000 for this monster. Enough of that lets start with the fun aspect nothing i mean nothing will hang with this car the torque is just sensational i find myself looking the the lite to turn red so i can stop wait then lift off....whew it tough! I have owned the car for 2 weeks and not a problem yet,this car is all about the engine ,the interior is practical but my 04 745il was more plush driving position .JUST GO AND FIND A LOW MILE E55 AND HAVE FUN!!!!

Not as impressed
By greg on 04/28/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I went from an Audi S4 to my E55 and have to say I am really disappointed with the MB. It is a great car, fast as can be but doesn't compare with the Audi. The handling and build quality of the MB aren't up to the Audi standards which was a let down.

2 in my garage
By oldgitsalesp on 11/19/06 20:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Having owned 7 MBZ's in total, we have finally come to where I can say this is the real deal. I like them so much, that I have two of these in my garage. A 2002 and 2005 for me. Yes, we are blessed! High maintenance cost, brakes/tires, but a once in a lifetime thrill. Everbody checks it out.

My Dream Car!
By W. MOrris on 04/16/06 10:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

In just 14 months, I worked my way up the AMG ladder. I went from a 2004 C 32 to the 2005 C55 to the awesome 2005 E 55. All cars were brand new. My E 55 is the ultimate in performance, looks, and power. I have never been denied by the engine when I demand more power. It is always there. The E 55 is not a large car. It rides beautifully, easy to maneuver and park yet has all the characteristics of a small sports car. It is tight, is a breeze to control especially with the adjustable air ride. I took it on a trip to California from BC and had a ball. Passing was joy. It was over before you knew it. My dream car, the E 55 will satisfy my needs for many years to come.

Rocket sled
By Attorney Scott on 03/20/06 22:32 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I traded in a C6 Corvette because I didn't like getting pulled over every other day by cops wanting to eyeball it. This is much more discreet, until one notices the four tailpipes and V8 Kompressor badges. It corners more confidently in high-speed sweepers than the Vette did, and accelerates just as hard, even harder in roll-on acceleration. I notice other reviewers have given it high marks in fuel economy - not me, I average about 11 mpg.

Outstanding Car from Benz
By Jman430 on 02/22/06 16:10 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have owned numerous Mercedes but nothing come close to the jet-like acceleration of this Super Sedan. I had an 02 CL55, E500, S500, CLK55 but nothing compared to this car, power on demand and handle well in every situation. Sweet car!

Woeful Experience.
By ShocDoc on 02/13/06 15:06 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Purchased my new 05 E-55 after having owned 3 problem free Porsche 996's. Initially I loved the car but quickly lost the attraction after the engine stopped running on a very busy local highway at rush hour. Car was towed in and repaired (loose wiring harness). Two weeks later my interior insulation filled with fuel due to problem with the fuel pumps. Left rear shock leaked and car would settle over the wheel when parked for a few days. Brakes squealed like a Yugo. The squealing brakes problem never stopped after several visits to MB service. Lost confidence in the product and sold the car. Done with MB. Without question the worst vehicle I have ever owned.

E55 Review
By L Osmont on 11/02/05 13:51 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The automotive know-how that went into this car is simply amazing. It is incredibly versatile and user friendly. It will willingly comply whether you want to go slow and smooth or fast and hard. The fit and finish is superior and the outside looks elegant and powerful. The engine is scarily powerful. You will NEVER AGAIN wish you had more horsepower at your disposal, and braking is very authoritative. This is an everyday car, a super car, a family car and a commuter car all in one.

My E55
By Bernie Nelson on 09/23/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

When I bought this car I knew it was very powerful as the dealer gave me the keys to a demo and myself and my thirty year old son went for a test drive. The power the car has is unreal. It takes off like no other. It gives you a feel of pleasure and is actually much safer than a car that is much slower as it allows you to get out of the way of others in defensive driving and gives you great confidence by the way it handles. I drive a canyon fifteen miles each way everyday and love the way it handles. Don't get me wrong I am not a speed demon buy why would you want to spend an extra twenty thousand on a car when you can buy the E500. Its a great car and I recommend it highly

Fast and Fun
By C Hilton on 09/04/05 18:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

It doesn't corner like my old 7 series BMW -- but this is perhaps the most fun car I've ever driven. Classy, comfortable, easy to drive, and the raw acceleration is hard to beat. Nav is overly complex -- but the surround stereo is hard to beat. (goes through tires fairly quickly, though).